Flow master Denali ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fleetgeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i want to put flowmasters on my truck

Anyone know any part numbers or have a link to amazon for a nice sounding exhaust

What's the best flowmaster to get a nice sound out of for a 2001 Denali

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait . . . you have the more luxurious model Yukon, and you want to cork the exhaust with a terrible flowing cheap muffler?

If you prefer a restrictive flowing exhaust system, go to Amazon.com, search Flowmaster mufflers, then it will give you the option to enter you year, make, and model to verify that it will fit your Yukon. If it does, proceed to checkout.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Wait . . . you have the more luxurious model Yukon, and you want to cork the exhaust with a terrible flowing cheap muffler?

If you prefer a restrictive flowing exhaust system, go to Amazon.com, search Flowmaster mufflers, then it will give you the option to enter you year, make, and model to verify that it will fit your Yukon. If it does, proceed to checkout.
I guess you're not a fan of flowmaster!

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the american thunder kit 17419 on my 04 tahoe, came with a 50 series muffler on it. I liked how no welding was required and it was a true do-it-yourself kit, no issues. When I lowered the truck the pipe going to the left side outlet wouldnt clear between the body/axle so I went with something else. If you go flowmaster I'd recommend stainless or it'll rust out in a few years.
After that I switched to a magnaflow 3" in/3" 12579 and had a local shop use my factory flange/tailpipe that I still had to make a single side exit system out of all 3" stainless pipe, and still a nice magnaflow tip on it for looks. I really like the sound and the looks.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please ignore the "experts" That claim flowmasters are restrictive. Do they make as much horsepower as a flow through design like magnaflow? They don`t but in this dyno muffler comparison test the numbers are very close between all of them and the flowmaster they tested was a 50 series suv muffler. If they tested a 40 series the numbers would have been closer.

The four horsepower difference in the test is on a mildly built engine and on a low performance truck like ours it may be less and you would never feel any difference, Just go with what sound you like. And like mizzouguy said go with stainless.

I wish people would educate themselves before spewing ********.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/parts/m5lp-0212-ford-mustang-muffler-comparison-test/

OP
OP
Fleetgeo

Fleetgeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well I understand it's not the top of line exhaust and everybody has their own opinion but it's only temporary until I save up do my Corsa exhaust maybe some headers and I want to cam my truck

OP
OP
Fleetgeo

Fleetgeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just want a exhaust with a deep rich tone and sounds nice while coasting and driving but then again I don't want it to be so loud that it sets people car alarms off lol thanks guys for your help i highly and greatly appreciate it

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I just want a exhaust with a deep rich tone and sounds nice while coasting and driving but then again I don't want it to be so loud that it sets people car alarms off lol thanks guys for your help i highly and greatly appreciate it
Here's my mbrp. I don't have one on the highway tho.
I think it sounds pretty good.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not go to Flowmaster's website and look up your truck and watch the videos for sound?

In my racing days, Flowmaster offered the best performance bang for the buck and quietness compared to the competition. Back then we called them Rustmasters but BBQ paint took care of that and now I think they're stainless.

The one for my application had an exhaust pipe on each side exiting behind each rear wheel. Still one muffler which is all that's needed. If you're like me, you definitely do not want that droning sound in the interior when the truck shifts into its top gears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcutter004