Flat Bed Again.... Bac to being Passenger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah yeah yeah ya'll what it do??? anyhow like the title says my truck is bac on the sidelines officially. i had my son daughter and niece today.. going to take a peek at my box which should be done by now (work) so we're dribing down the road and mind you the amp to my door speakers is behind the passgener side 2nd row.. now they hopping around like a jungle gym and my niece steps on the remote wire and it touches the power wire instant spark. now my trucc is still on and driving normally but the security light is on. i pull over turn it off and bac on light is still on so i try again BOOM check engine light comes on SHE WON'T START !!! now i been in this situation b4 on the other forum when i took my old system out and blew the bcm so i'm thinking this can't be the case now be cuz when it 1st happen trucc was still on and running. i'm thinking maybe a resistor or fuse leading to the BCM?? any thoughts anyhow after 2 1/2 hours roadside gets there and she is lifted onto a flat bed trucc the dealer is closed so tey have to store it til morning and have it serviced......Bac to being a passenger man i swear i cant get a break...:emotions122:

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buckle their a$$'s in the seats and tell them to stay put. Really sucks that your sidelined again...almost sounds like the BCM again...security light and CEL if your lucky your dealer will warranty it...previous condition 2nd time it happened..I'd say electrical gremlins in the truck...see where I'm going with this...LOL!!

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could have been worse, someone could have hit you and your kids - not buckled in! - could have flown through the windshield...

other than that i dont know but sorry that sucks

LVyukyuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude no disrespect, but Karma bro...

Everything happens for a reason. Someone was telling you to get off the road with little ones not buckled in.

Truck ain't worth shit compared ya know...

Sorry you got a busted ride, but that's better than something else.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah dude this happened in my brother car once. The amp wiring touched and bam the car won't start.
But whats weird is everything else works but the car, no crank but the dome light s come on right?
If so it is from the fusebox, there is an expensive fuse in their that controls the engine starter and everything.
Its very expensive but atleast everyone is fine......

OP
OP
Nfamous60

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no no no dont get me wrong they were strapped in. i dont play that but they were all in the 3rd row goofing off.. THE GOOD NEWS!!! when my truck was towed the dealer wasn't open so they had to store it til the next day. when i got the call yesterday morning the shop that stored it said the security fuse had blew. at first i was beefing becuz i didn't want them looking at it becuz i wanted to shoot for the warranty repair so i asked him what happens now he tells me they replaced the fuse. i was like "cool it starts how much i owe you?" he said $39.95 = $44.15 after tax i said "I'm ON THEE WAY!!" so she's bac on the road just in time i made my family's bbq in good time. now the problem i have since they touched it my parking assist system says it needs to be check'd how do i trouble shoot this and the wire for my rear defroster came off again. so monday i have to hit the dealer again.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

also on a side note i jamm'd my crunch amp under the right 2nd row captain seat. so it's out of harms way for now i hope but when i go to my shop monday to check my box i'll have them move it somewhere else when they put my subs in.

mr. yuk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
:banghead:better luck than me, mines been broke in the driveway for over 2 weeks. i refuse to take it somewhere if i could do it myself. its about to go somewhere

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
affix that amp so it doesn't become a missle in case of an accident and run/bury the wires in carpet and zip tie out of the way! glad yo ugot it back on the road...might check other fuses for the additional problems to make sure several fuses weren't blown too.

OP
OP
Nfamous60

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
affix that amp so it doesn't become a missle in case of an accident and run/bury the wires in carpet and zip tie out of the way! glad yo ugot it back on the road...might check other fuses for the additional problems to make sure several fuses weren't blown too.

didn;t think of that but will definitly do it today. appreciate the tip/ also

MR.YUK - whats wrong wit ya trucc????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codered5557

Latest posts