First year model peace of mind

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m sure it’ll be nice, but we’ll have to see what the next Denali will bring. GM has a lot of skin in the game always, but even more so this time around. I don’t think they’ll disappoint and I bet they hit it out of the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course they will...ITS GM!

AMIRITE?!?

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course they will...ITS GM!

AMIRITE?!?

No, it’s business in a capitalist economy, and competition is increasing. Capitalism is awesome!!! And GM is a great company that works well in this system.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NW North Dakota. We’ve had a cold late winter this year. I’m ready for summer!

NW North Dakota? Humans still live up there? By choice??
Aren't temps there below freezing from about Labor Day through Memorial Day! :)

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it’s business in a capitalist economy, and competition is increasing. Capitalism is awesome!!! And GM is a great company that works well in this system.

Except for when GM falls apart, goes bankrupt and needs the govt to save it.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except for when GM falls apart, goes bankrupt and needs the govt to save it.

And then GM returns such huge gains that the government makes money on them. GM was a fantastic investment for the government.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And then GM returns such huge gains that the government makes money on them. GM was a fantastic investment for the government.

You’re right! GM is indeed amazing!

(Better?)

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re right! GM is indeed amazing!

(Better?)

Haha, you’re spending Friday night, after a long week of work, relaxing on the GM forum and researching all different makes and models of cars and trucks on the web. We here are all similar in many ways.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, you’re spending Friday night, after a long week of work, relaxing on the GM forum and researching all different makes and models of cars and trucks on the web. We here are all similar in many ways.

I’m just figuring out which words I can say here that don’t require a trigger warning lol!

But yep. Lots of car stuff tonight....And watching dvr’d episodes of ‘truck night in america’

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To follow up with my tail light post. I had finished doing the exhaust flapper mod, and when I started the Yukon to back it out of the garage, I noticed the passenger tail light was out. I hit it a few times with my hand and it would intermittently work. The LED tail lights are a sealed unit and a replacement is $500+..

After an online search, it appears this is an issue with all 2015+ Yukon models. What is happening is the thin metal that connects each LED on the sealed inside of the light is cracking. I pulled my passenger tail light off, melted the plastic with a soldering iron around each area that is known for the cracking issues and found the bottom side was completely cracked and the upper side was starting to form a crack. Even though the driver side was still working, I did the same and sure enough, cracks had formed on that as well. It wasn't if, but when it would fail.

Some people were soldering a piece of wire as a jumper to each side. I found it easier and cleaner to just run a bead of solder up the original piece without adding a piece of wire. I completely spaced taking before photos, so the first photo I borrowed from online, showing the exact same crack I had. The rest of the photos are mine, show the solder repair, as well as closing them up. I just used Gorilla Tape and silicon on the seams of the tape. They work great now!
View attachment 219498
View attachment 219499
View attachment 219500
View attachment 219501
View attachment 219502

If this is a prevalent defect, has anyone thought to file complaints with NHTSA at safercar.gov? This way, NHTSA can document defects and determine if a recall is warranted for a safety issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700