First Road Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just returned from my first Road Trip. Totaled 800 miles to Southern Oregon and back to Portland. Attempted to check out Crater Lake, but conditions weren't the greatest and visibility was getting bad the closer we got, so we had to turn around and just play for a bit. Got some great sights at Klamath Lake and Smith Rock state park.

Average 20.3 mpg on the trip and elevation range was 400 feet (home) up to 6500 feet (on the passes) on the trip. Most of the drive was 2WD mode but did use Auto and 4WD on the trip as well when near Crater Lake. Just wish we could have made it on a nice day.

tahoe7.jpg tahoe6.jpg tahoe5.jpg tahoe4.jpg

O2_Stat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I just returned from my first Road Trip. Totaled 800 miles to Southern Oregon and back to Portland. Attempted to check out Crater Lake, but conditions weren't the greatest and visibility was getting bad the closer we got, so we had to turn around and just play for a bit. Got some great sights at Klamath Lake and Smith Rock state park.

Average 20.3 mpg on the trip and elevation range was 400 feet (home) up to 6500 feet (on the passes) on the trip. Most of the drive was 2WD mode but did use Auto and 4WD on the trip as well when near Crater Lake. Just wish we could have made it on a nice day.

View attachment 78456 View attachment 78457 View attachment 78458 View attachment 78459

Nice gas mileage. I averaged 19mpg on our trip to Las Vegas from California. WHat wheels are those and size of the tires? And is your Tahoe leveled? Thanks

OP
OP
BK76

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice gas mileage. I averaged 19mpg on our trip to Las Vegas from California. WHat wheels are those and size of the tires? And is your Tahoe leveled? Thanks

Thanks... they are still the stock tires 265/18. I bought the wheels from Amazon. I bought it in January and wanted winter tires. I will be buying summer wheels and going to a 22, but probably not going to happen this year due to a couple vacation trips.

Canyon Satin Black from OnlyWheelsOnline page.

https://smile.amazon.com/CANYON-5X1...TF8&qid=1491416032&sr=1-2&keywords=rtx+canyon

I have not leveled it, but am planning to do so. Still trying to decide if I am going to just lower the front (1) and rear (3) or if I am going to raise the front (3) and rear (1). Have been debating both. Have talked with friends and family who have done both and could be happy with either option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19