First aid kit Mounting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gyrene84, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Gyrene84

Gyrene84 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Patrick
    Does anyone here carry a first aid kit in the back of their rig? I have my fire extinguisher mounted above the jack compartment on the horizontal ledge on the left side, but I've been looking for ideas to mount a first aid kit on the horizontal surface inside the rear window on the right side. Currently my kit is in a cargo net attached to the rear seat, but its a bit of a reach. I figured inside the rear hatch on the right would be easy.

2. Chrismnj

Chrismnj Supporting Member

Name:
    Chris
    How often do you use your first aid kit? Probably not much help to you but thats where I have my stuff that I need and don't

IMG_0774.jpeg

3. Gyrene84

Gyrene84 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Patrick
    That's a little more involved than my truck. I use my cargo area a lot, so no drawer.

4. mountie

mountie Full Access Member

Name:
    Peter
    I wouldn't put the first aid kit anywhere near the window due to Sun & heat. The kit should not be used much... Maybe under the passenger side 2nd seat? If there's enough room - depending on kit size.

08HoeCD likes this.
  5. 04yuke

04yuke TYF Newbie

Name:
    Tom
    How big is your kit? I keep a pseudo ready bag tossed in the back. On the outside of it is am urgent care detachable bag (TQ, Israeli bandage, hifin chest seal, z-fold combat gauze, NPG, etc) inside is a booboo kit, bandaids,butterfly, antihistamine etc. In my cherokee i have an ammo can,painted white w \red cross, bungeed to the tear cargo net rings. This is my 1st gmt800 rig (just bought it today) & this was near top of my list of quick mods. I'll be watching this one closely.