Financing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In michigan they are offering a $1000 Costco rebate and GM employee if you qualify.
Well that’s nice, but it’s not an “official” facTory rebate that just anyone can get, plus it’s only for Chevy during a certain period that is high demand with few vehicles available. Not GMC or Cadillac….You’d have a hard time actually redeeming it….. Same with employee discount….
I was looking at Rivard GMC in Florida, I have seen it they’ve had 9K off MSRP. They’ve sold to California before. But I’m not sure if Florida is emissions compliant with California.
I’d watch these FL dealers. I looked there too and was enticed by some of the “advertisements“ but where the rubber met the road they had 1000-1500 dealer fees on top of add ons etc…and the deal advertised was never “available“……

OP
OP
Chloe_21

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that’s nice, but it’s not an “official” facTory rebate that just anyone can get, plus it’s only for Chevy during a certain period that is high demand with few vehicles available. Not GMC or Cadillac….You’d have a hard time actually redeeming it….. Same with employee discount….

I’d watch these FL dealers. I looked there too and was enticed by some of the “advertisements“ but where the rubber met the road they had 1000-1500 dealer fees on top of add ons etc…and the deal advertised was never “available“……
Yikes. Yeah, I’m trying to watch them closely. I don’t want any hidden fees. Plus I don’t want to pay even more to register & have emissions checked on the vehicle in my state either. =\

100cars

Reaction score
Has anyone ever taken out an auto loan where they did not need to make payments for the first 3 months, saved up more money and before the first car payment - refinanced the loan with additional money down that was saved and made the payments less per month?
Is that a thing?

I had this all figured out and then a vehicle that was matching what I ordered came in and they’re going to get back to me about it. A little earlier than expected.
Keep one thing in mind when considering this - the "no payments for 3 months" does NOT mean "no interest for 3 months". Depending on your interest rate you could rack up some interest charges during the "no payment" phase.

OP
OP
Chloe_21

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep one thing in mind when considering this - the "no payments for 3 months" does NOT mean "no interest for 3 months". Depending on your interest rate you could rack up some interest charges during the "no payment" phase.
I know. I’ve had the no payment for 3 months before. But I usually paid anyway. And would pay more.

I ended up skipping on getting the Yukon that was in transit. I think I’ll wait for my order to turn to a 22.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz