Financing - rate comparisons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71orAT4

Reaction score
The only answer is using less overall. You don’t have to pay as much if you don’t need as much. If I can’t find or order a Dmax, then I may have to move to another brand. Not paying extra for premium and getting 15 mpg....
The GMC website is showing 24 Yukon Denali Duramax's in "inventory" around the country today, most of which are "in transit" and most seem to be white and fully optioned...and many could be sold units. Mine was supposed to have been built last week but no serial number as yet.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes , I checked on a few and when it says in transit, 5 out of 6 are presold orders. I don't know why they show up as available...
Plus most white ones are going to the southerly rim of states (White is a hot ticket there...) and me being in the north Midwest makes it harder to get them, and I don't necessarily want white...
I kinda got turned off last week when told the chances of ordering one are practically zero, I've got one last feeler out at a local dealer....if that doesn't pan out, I may move to another brand.

Z71orAT4

Reaction score
Yes , I checked on a few and when it says in transit, 5 out of 6 are presold orders. I don't know why they show up as available...
Plus most white ones are going to the southerly rim of states (White is a hot ticket there...) and me being in the north Midwest makes it harder to get them, and I don't necessarily want white...
I kinda got turned off last week when told the chances of ordering one are practically zero, I've got one last feeler out at a local dealer....if that doesn't pan out, I may move to another brand.
Yah...the one I ordered is Midnight Blue Metallic and thankfully I did not order either the max trailering package nor the air suspension so the order supposedly wasn't kicked back. I wish you good luck in your quest as this vehicle is indeed unique in so many ways but particularly for me, the 3.0L Duramax. I don't think I would have ordered one were it not for that.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes , being on of the last SUV's with a diesel, put it on the list for me. Without it, I can find plenty of other gas guzzlers to buy... I prob should have started sooner, but I wanted a few to get out there to solve initial bugs. Ah well, there is a reason for everything. I'll be scanning the incoming stock over the next month or so to see if any candidates may be available...

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GMC website is showing 24 Yukon Denali Duramax's in "inventory" around the country today, most of which are "in transit" and most seem to be white and fully optioned...and many could be sold units. Mine was supposed to have been built last week but no serial number as yet.

Do you know whether it's true that the GMC/Chevy online chat folks cannot provide production/tracking updates if the dealer put in the order as a sold unit?

afishinado

Reaction score
I always paid cash, and for the past 25 years all my cars have been lease/rental cars. The 12 in my avatar was 9 months old with 21,000 miles and was a full $20k under MSRP.. FF to today, retired, and the Tahoe runs between FL and SD, aside from that pulls a 20' trailer with UTV's a couple times a year. Less than 20k a year. This time out, I'm doing a 36mo lease (I think) the total outlay is pretty close to MSRP should I buy it out.. But now I'm turning 70, I'm thinking I'll just return it and get another new one.

John Day

Reaction score
What rates have you all found in financing your new rigs? So far the best I’ve seen is 2.14% 36 months. Any better???

Edit to add: Rates at Affinty Plus may be the winner.

36 month 1.74% $28.53
48 month 1.99% $21.69
60 month 2.24% $17.63
72 month 2.74% $15.08
84 month 3.24% $13.46

(Ugh. 84 months?!? Who knew this was becoming at thing)
2019 certified used Yukon XL SLT, 5.3 27K miles. 1.65% @ 72 months a year ago. At my credit union.

OP
OP
T

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured I should update this thread with what rate I ended up securing. 1.89% through a local credit union with a term of anywhere from 36-72 months. Couldn’t be more-pleased! Anyone local to the Twin Cities/ Minneapolis area, PM me for the lender if you’d like. They require a live/work/worship proof in MSP.

Last edited:

Reddog1473

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi
I am not sure this is the right thread but is the Costco $1,000 off obtained just by getting a Costco membership? I have Supplier Pricing in place but would like the extra $1,000 if possible. Thanks

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am not sure this is the right thread but is the Costco $1,000 off obtained just by getting a Costco membership? I have Supplier Pricing in place but would like the extra $1,000 if possible. Thanks
Based on my experience when I got the GM supplier discount, they did not allow you to double up, but things may have changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM