Finally got my 2015i LTZ - quick q's on wireless charge and liftgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommytuna

Reaction score
SHe is finally here!

Couple quick things:
- Wireless charging won't work with my Lumia 1020 (it support Qi and has the charging cover). What charging standards does Chevy support??
- Wireless liftgate - can't get it to work. Salesman got it working once or twice but it wasn't consistent. Where the hell do you put your foot?

Will post pics later. Everything else looks great. So happy.

sincerely

Tom

Mr. Merk

Reaction score
Compatible devices

http://www.gmtotalconnect.com/assets/pdf/GM_Wireless_Charging_Compatible_Device.pdf

This is out of the owners manual:

3641255.gif

3454013.gif

To operate, kick your foot straight up in one swift motion under the center of the rear bumper, then pull it back.

Caution: Splashing water may cause the liftgate to open. Keep the RKE transmitter away from the rear bumper detection area or turn the liftgate mode to OFF when cleaning or working near the rear bumper to avoid accidental opening.

•Do not sweep your foot side to side.
•Do not keep your foot under the bumper; the liftgate will not activate.
•Do not touch the liftgate until it has stopped moving.
•This feature may be temporarily disabled under some conditions. If the liftgate does not respond to the kick, open or close the liftgate by another method or start the vehicle. The feature will be re-enabled.
When closing the liftgate using this feature, there will be a short delay. The rear lights will flash and a chime will sound. Step away from the gate before it starts moving.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tommytuna

Reaction score
Thanks for the compatible devices list. I have the Lumia 1020 with charging cover which is Qi compatible. Same as the Lumia 928 which has it built-in (no cover needed). Hmmmmm....

Would be so nice to get rid of this dam wires!

OP
OP
T

Tommytuna

Reaction score
Yes got lifegate working and also got charger to work with phone. Turns out the pins on the charge cover for the lumia 1020 were not making contact (nothing to do with Tahoe). Now it works great.

Working my way through the manual. This thing has so many features.

One question for all of you. I have never had a big V8 engine truck/car. At idle when you start this thing, there is a very very slight shake/rumble to the whole car. It is subtle but not something i'm used to having from from Honda Odyssey and a Chevy Volt. Normal I assume?

Everything else is so smooth and quiet that you can't help but notice.

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after finally prying the car from my wife and driving it. There is definitely too much vibration at idle. At idle it is doing about 500 rpm. I saw this article - anybody else experience this? http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=3780

Hate to say but the idle is normal. These engines are not quite as smooth as other brands where you have to see the tach to know that the car is even on (i.e. Mercedes, Lexus, Rover, etc).

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite part is how loud it is at ideal. I just love how it sounds like it's knocking.[emoji52]

OP
OP
T

Tommytuna

Reaction score
Well I disagree. I rented the Tahoe twice while on business and idle was smooth. Maybe not Lexus smooth but It certainly didn't feel like I was sitting on a subwoofer. Gas is fresh premium.will switch to regular on second tank.

The water in my bottle shakes at idle. That just isn't right.

In other forums people have taken in their trucks and had the engine shim recall done.(see link in my earlier post).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo