Filter Sub and Tweeter inputs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm revamping the stock stereo setup in my 2001 Z71 Tahoe. I bought the 6 Channel DS18 Candy 6 amp, replaced all the door speakers, and rear hatch sub. Only the D pillar tweets are original, however they work fine yet.

I'm planning to use the line in from the rear door speakers to supply signal to the amp for the sub and rear tweeters. Here in lies my challenge. I don't know how to:

1. Mix the two rear door line in signals for input to the amp for channels 5 and 6 (sub and tweeter out).
2. Simplest way to hookup a high pass filter to the tweeters.?
3. Simplest way to hookup low pass filter to sub?

Thanks!

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your rear door speakers and rear pillar speakers are wired together... just leave it that way and bridge ch5+6 to the sub if it's a svc 4 ohm sub

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your rear door speakers and rear pillar speakers are wired together... just leave it that way and bridge ch5+6 to the sub if it's a svc 4 ohm sub

OMG You're the bomb! Thanks for the help man :) I didn't realise that but makes perfect sense.

1. Slightly different question. I bought kicker https://amzn.to/2rkosAM I run the amp's high pass filter on the door speakers. If I start to lower the high pass filter to include some lows the speakers VERY easily start bottoming out. I'm thinking they are a bit junkie of speakers?

2. Maybe this too is a contributing factor? I have adjusted the level input on the back of the amp to it's minimum. It's easy to turn up the head unit to a point where the speakers are all distorted, possibly 2/3 of max volume. Now at that point it's so loud its a bit ridiculous. I'm thinking perhaps the level of the head unit output is a bit higher than typical? I'm quite sure the factory head unit has no amplification. Do I still need to put some sort of level adjustment on the output from the head unit?

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yea those speakers just suck lol... pretty well have to run the high pass at 100hz or so. I bought those for like $25 a pair to put in my truck when I sold it so I could keep my alpine type r components. Those kickers were just plain horrible lol.

Eh 01 Tahoe? Might have the factory amp. I think they are above the glove box. Take a look there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn