Few Questions on Lifting my Yukon.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuckHunter

Reaction score
I am wanting to lift my yukon about 3in's just enough to get some 35's under it. Iam already running 20s. But really not looking to spend a ton of money. lol prob worse thing i can say huh. Not really to interested in a body lift either. So i have found shackles or Blocks. Not sure which would be best if either would i just know their reasonably cheap. I want to keep my rides as smooth as possible. Which of these would be the best choice to go with? Here are the links to both

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...r&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=540294_0_0

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...r&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=540393_0_0

I know the blocks are actually 3in blocks. The shackles have 3 different levels but will the shackles actually give me atleast 3in's of lift? Also with either of these lifts will i need to get longer shocks or anything for that matter? Also my torison bars are cranked all the way, if i actually purchased keys would it raise the front of my yukon about the same or even more than with just the torison bars crancked? Is there any other way to raise the front to level with the rear after i install either the block are shackels. Sorry for all the questions just wanted to get all my question answered in one thread. Any help would be greatley apperciated. Thanks as always

Last edited:

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neither of those would work... Those are for trucks with leaf springs. Our trucks have Coil Springs.
You need a coil spring spacer McBay has good ones at a good price. I'm running a 3in but most people go for around 1.5-2
You will need shock extenders or new shocks with the spacers.

As for new keys you can grab a set of Ford keys from the dealer or find a cheap set on ebay which will usually come with shock extenders. You can expect to be able to get about 2.5 total inches of lift from stock height with keys.

You may want to rethink your goal of 35s because without doing at least a 6in full suspension lift you will be rubbing all over the place and they will look stuffed in the wheel wells. 33s are a stretch but most guys on keys and spacers do tires around 31-32" like 285/75R16s or something like that.

OP
OP
DuckHunter

DuckHunter

Reaction score
Neither of those would work... Those are for trucks with leaf springs. Our trucks have Coil Springs.
You need a coil spring spacer McBay has good ones at a good price. I'm running a 3in but most people go for around 1.5-2
You will need shock extenders or new shocks with the spacers.

As for new keys you can grab a set of Ford keys from the dealer or find a cheap set on ebay which will usually come with shock extenders. You can expect to be able to get about 2.5 total inches of lift from stock height with keys.

You may want to rethink your goal of 35s because without doing at least a 6in full suspension lift you will be rubbing all over the place and they will look stuffed in the wheel wells. 33s are a stretch but most guys on keys and spacers do tires around 31-32" like 285/75R16s or something like that.

Thanks lol i ve been waiting on some type of answer glad i asked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zucchini