Feeling Stuck ... Escalade ESV or Yukon XL ... etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one. I've been trying to locate a Duramax Yukon XL the way I'd like it, which as we know is practically impossible. In the meantime, the constraints ... pushback of SuperCruise availability on the Yukon XL for 2023 has had me pondering ordering a 2023 Duramax Escalade ESV when able. I contacted my dealer and he warned me that list is 23 long and he stated he was getting 1 to 2 a month so it could be a VERY long wait.

We currently have a 2020 Lincoln Navigator L and my primary reason for wanting to change is the Duramax engine ... SuperCruise ... having 2nd row buckets (we have a bench now). I also feel like I could get a good price for our Navigator right now and that it's preparing to not be that way sooner than later. Would be a good time to gain back some of the heavy depreciation typical with this kind of purchase.

In the meantime, I think I might be able to snag a Duramax 2022 Chevy Suburban RST which would obviously be missing a lot of the features we'd like but would probably net us $10-15k after selling our Navigator. In the meantime I could order a Yukon XL or Escalade ESV and wait, but at least I'd have the Duramax in the meantime.

Any thoughts on all of this? Another note ... we don't HAVE to have our Navigator L right now ... we could likely live without it until able to get something else. We have 2 other cars.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
order the denali ultimate, request that your dealer not apply allocation to you until supercruise is no longer on constraint (or just go w/o)

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bet wouldn’t be on prices of used, gas guzzling SUVs staying inflated for much longer. If it was me and I didn’t need the 3rd vehicle I’d sell it now put in a few orders exactly what I want and just be patient.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Practically impossible?? I have been looking for 8-9 months for a 2wd, no sunroof, Denali yukon XL, with the 3.0. Impossible period. Enjoying our 3.0 Denali Sierra which constantly reaffirms its 3.0 or nothing. Really want the known LM2 so a 2022 is my aim as the new version of this motor is in 2023?. FYI it appears super cruise really scrrews up some orders and will also require a subscription to use it.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Practically impossible?? I have been looking for 8-9 months for a 2wd, no sunroof, Denali yukon XL, with the 3.0. Impossible period. Enjoying our 3.0 Denali Sierra which constantly reaffirms its 3.0 or nothing. Really want the known LM2 so a 2022 is my aim as the new version of this motor is in 2023?. FYI it appears super cruise really scrrews up some orders and will also require a subscription to use it.
GM stated the new diesel will be in trucks for 2023 but not the suvs. So probably the 2024 refresh suvs will get the LM0 diesel I believe it is...

OP
OP
H
Reaction score
I also have a fear that the diesel won't continue to be offered in the SUVs just due to more emissions requirements or that the tweaked diesel for 2023 pickups and (presumed) 2024 SUVs will not be as efficient, etc.

Damn this is a weird time to be buying a car?

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have a fear that the diesel won't continue to be offered in the SUVs just due to more emissions requirements or that the tweaked diesel for 2023 pickups and (presumed) 2024 SUVs will not be as efficient, etc.

Damn this is a weird time to be buying a car?
There’s reviews on the new engine online and basically all they changed was a couple sensors, there’s been virtually zero issues with that engine except for a few rare occasions with some sensors. So should be the same engine but even better.

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bet wouldn’t be on prices of used, gas guzzling SUVs staying inflated for much longer. If it was me and I didn’t need the 3rd vehicle I’d sell it now put in a few orders exactly what I want and just be patient.

Agree 100% with this. We don't know where the economy is headed over the next few months. You stated that you don't need the Navigator which implies that you also don't need an RST. Since we are in the category of "want", I say order exactly what you want and wait. Sell your Navigator and save your money while you wait....