Favorite Changes from 2015 to 2016

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whoseanthony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this week I upgraded my 15D SLT to a 16 XL SLT due our growing family and I am amazed by what has been done in a year. Personally I felt the 15i was what the 15D should have been but that's another story. Below are my favorite changes, tweaks, and additions for 2016. This is solely in the SLT lineup.

1. Lane Keep Assist - adaptive cruise control was great, but add the truck staying in the lane?!?! Even better
2. Intellink- the system is way faster, much more responsive thanks to the capacitance screen and Bluetooth connects almost instantly. Plus the tweaks in the apps such as navigation and weather were much needed.
3. Apple Car Play - I put this separate cause if you own an iPhone (or android) you know can get the most out of them while in your vehicle. The systems work flawless.
4. Better build quality- with a near year comes the typical fixes
5. Foot activated lift gate- I know this was a 15i innovation but i have used it more in the last 3 days than I expected.
6. 4g LTE wifi - though it's gimmicky, at $10/mo to add to my 30gb AT&T plan, it's an easy way to help integrate an Apple TV or streaking box into the car for road trips and such.

Of course there are things I wish they would still tweak further...

1. HDMI in for entertainment system. I mean we have blu Ray for crying out loud
2. I had a 2004 envoy that had a power outlet and air pump in the back for tires, basketballs or rafts at the lake. The Yukon should have this
3. Headlights need to be brighter or aligned better. They suck
4. Add beeps to sensor warnings. The vibration is fine but beeps work better. IMHO
5. The console organizer should be included free. The center box is huge!!!

Overall love the truck and what's been upgraded for 2016. Did I miss anything? Or do you have a favorite tweak or dislike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this week I upgraded my 15D SLT to a 16 XL SLT due our growing family and I am amazed by what has been done in a year. Personally I felt the 15i was what the 15D should have been but that's another story. Below are my favorite changes, tweaks, and additions for 2016. This is solely in the SLT lineup.

1. Lane Keep Assist - adaptive cruise control was great, but add the truck staying in the lane?!?! Even better
2. Intellink- the system is way faster, much more responsive thanks to the capacitance screen and Bluetooth connects almost instantly. Plus the tweaks in the apps such as navigation and weather were much needed.
3. Apple Car Play - I put this separate cause if you own an iPhone (or android) you know can get the most out of them while in your vehicle. The systems work flawless.
4. Better build quality- with a near year comes the typical fixes
5. Foot activated lift gate- I know this was a 15i innovation but i have used it more in the last 3 days than I expected.
6. 4g LTE wifi - though it's gimmicky, at $10/mo to add to my 30gb AT&T plan, it's an easy way to help integrate an Apple TV or streaking box into the car for road trips and such.

Of course there are things I wish they would still tweak further...

1. HDMI in for entertainment system. I mean we have blu Ray for crying out loud
2. I had a 2004 envoy that had a power outlet and air pump in the back for tires, basketballs or rafts at the lake. The Yukon should have this
3. Headlights need to be brighter or aligned better. They suck
4. Add beeps to sensor warnings. The vibration is fine but beeps work better. IMHO
5. The console organizer should be included free. The center box is huge!!!

Overall love the truck and what's been upgraded for 2016. Did I miss anything? Or do you have a favorite tweak or dislike?

Wait. The headlights suck? I have a 2010 Tahoe and think the halogens are great. Also have a 2013 e class MB I'm dumping because the lights are dangerously bad...

Do tell. Thanks (good insight on the other stuff btw)

OP
OP
W

whoseanthony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's been documented here a few times...the standard bulbs have a very low cutoff. The Denali projectors are great but everything else is plain bad. You have to swap the bulbs for HIDs or something similar for a great light cast

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2015i also has the capacitance screen.
The only upgrade I would care about would be Apple car play and a faster processor.
The processor in my 2015 GMC 2500 HD SLE is a freaking joke.
The rest of the technology over driver input crap I can do without.

OP
OP
W

whoseanthony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the capacitative screen was an i upgrade but the processor and software didn't change till 2016. Combined they make a world of difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove