Fast Flash on right turn signal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidbeaver1

Reaction score
Just recently, I had the right turn signal on my 05 LT start flashing fast. Knowing what that meant, I just replaced both the front and rear bulbs which seemed to solve the problem. Two days ago it started again on the right side. When i got out to see which light was out, they were all working! The fast flashing comes and goes with no real pattern and each time all the lights work just fine. Any idea what I should be looking for?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My initial guess, considering that you have already changed both bulbs with no solution, is that your BCM, which I believe controls your directional signals, is starting to fail. Other folks more knowledgeable than me on the 05 model will chime in, as perhaps it still has the legacy flasher plugin relay.

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just recently, I had the right turn signal on my 05 LT start flashing fast. Knowing what that meant, I just replaced both the front and rear bulbs which seemed to solve the problem. Two days ago it started again on the right side. When i got out to see which light was out, they were all working! The fast flashing comes and goes with no real pattern and each time all the lights work just fine. Any idea what I should be looking for?
I had a similar issue on my GM sedan 2002 Buick LeSabre. The problem was bad contact in the light sockets due to corrosion. Cleaned them out well with contact cleaner, some scrapping and used dielectric grease on the reinstall. All are still working for the last 4 years.

OP
OP
davidbeaver1

davidbeaver1

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help! I finally figured it out. The front Amber 4157 bulb was seated, but not making a solid connection in the plug itself. I cleaned and greased the plug and all is working again.