Fan running full speed, low airflow. 2014 PPV.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ppvfan

Reaction score
This has been happening since I bought the vehicle last year. I had it recalibrated which didn't seem to help.

I can dial the fan speed up and down and the airflow changes from almost nothing in the first half of the dial travel to maybe medium airflow when the fan is on max. I can hear the fan going full blast but it really seems like there should be more air coming out. It's the same for any selection, defrost, floor, etc.

Thanks for any tips.

OP
OP
P

ppvfan

Reaction score
I read that might be a cause but I was under the impression that the 2014 PPV doesn't have a cabin air filter. Which could mean that the evaporator coil is totally clogged up. I'll have to take a look.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

ppvfan

Reaction score
I took a look at the service records and found a cabin air filter change. Sure enough the previous owner had put in the cabin air filter mod. They just hadn't changed it over the last 4 years. The tabs broke off and I had to pry it out of there but the air is moving as it should now.
I'll give the evaporator coil a little brushing then get another filter tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

cabin-air-1.jpg

cabin-air-2.jpg

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think when I installed my filter I did a before and after test with and anemometer and found like a 20% reduction in flow with new filter.

OP
OP
P

ppvfan

Reaction score
I gave the evaporator coil a brushing with a toothbrush and a lot of dirt fell out the bottom. I'm thinking it must have been from before the filter was installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160