Factory Sub????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bottom of the center console toward the front

+1

I've been wondering if I could make that MTX box work in my Escalade. That's why I chimed in on the thread. I was already looking into this.

The problem with Denalis and Escalades is we don't have slots cut out in the plastic that the woofer goes behind...

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
Why are the slots a problem? You don't have to have them....

OP
OP
G-NOTE

G-NOTE

Reaction score
You can always cut a hole where the sub fires and put a sub grill over the hole...

It won't look bad, as long as you find a nice grill cover...

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are the slots a problem? You don't have to have them....

Want to stop as much of the rattling as possible

You can always cut a hole where the sub fires and put a sub grill over the hole...

It won't look bad, as long as you find a nice grill cover...

I'm thinking something like that... Cut the entire thing out and make a grill out of speaker grill cloth that closely matches the interior.. hard to find "shale" fabric...

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem with Denalis and Escalades is we don't have slots cut out in the plastic that the woofer goes behind...

I just ordered a 2002 Tahoe panel (in my color) so the speaker grill would come cut from the factory.

Did 2002 Escalade's have the subwoofer in the rear as well? If so, then the same option should be available to you, unless any 2004 colors don't cross over with 2002.

The only reason they moved the subwoofer on 03+ to the center console was so GM could make it simpler (and probably save $$$) and match it with the introduction of the 2003 Avalanche platform.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Nathan, like this one:

Autotrader

Assuming that color is shale, you could even use that VIN to get your part # from the dealer or gmpartsdirect.com

Supreme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
MTX does...

Model CTYE01BK10-T45

ctye01bk10t45.jpg

It can come with or without the woofer and with or without a built in amplifier... With the woofer and built in amp it's about $350

Will this work with a 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe?

Supreme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Could someone please let me know will this work with a 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe?

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you googled it you would have found the answer was yes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts