Factory Service Manuals - Anyone have them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
vjr021

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most I have found for a complete service set (3 volumes) for $150-$200. IMHO base don owning these for my other cars, worth it in the long run... PLUS you will be an instant hit with everyone here that does not own one.

I'll be ordering mine after I commit to a drop kit!

Fudog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Go to Alldatadiy.com and register your vehicle with the Vin and I believe it cost 16.95 a year for each vehicle. I have my 2003 Tahoe registered as well as my 2000 Gmc Sonoma.You will not need any manuals as this covers everything and is the same as what the dealers look at for repairs, etc. Well worth the money. Hope this helps. Merry Christmas!

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone want to take their manual to kinkos and have it scanned to a pdf? Im sure lots of us will chip in to cover it. I dont think a hassle charge would be out of the question either!

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alldata is good, but not trustworthy and not as complete as factory service manuals...
I'm surprised some of the blackballed dealerships haven't been selling their manuals etc. online.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Does anyone want to take their manual to kinkos and have it scanned to a pdf? Im sure lots of us will chip in to cover it. I dont think a hassle charge would be out of the question either!

Kinkos won;t (for copyright reasons)

Someone with a scanner and OCR software could do it in a few days. If I get one, I shall. I'd buy the Haynes, but they are relatively worthless if you have been wrenching for a while.

Red Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could anyone email/PM me the pdf copy of the manual? None of these links above seem to work. Thanks.

Also, looking to buy a paper copy of a manual. the FSM is pretty expensive. Any other manuals people recommend?

Wake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always bought the factory manuals when I get a car, just wondering if it is worth it...

Not picking on you but I don't quite understand. You've always bought the factory manuals but you're wondering if they are worth it? Do you not use them and buy them as an, 'in case' fallback?

I always buy the factory manuals and find them indispensable when working on my vehicles. Don't ever trust the cheapy Chiltons manuals, I've come across too many incorrect torque specifications or flat out wrong information. Most of them cover a stretch of years where your factory manual covers only your specific year and in many cases only your specific model. Not to mention, how thorough can they be when they're only 1" thick? My Escalade has a 3 volume set that stands about 7" high. Lots of info and diagrams in there that you won't find outside of the factory set.

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

...looking to buy a paper copy of a manual. the FSM is pretty expensive. Any other manuals people recommend?

Look around eBay, search the web for places that sell used copies, and look around the different GM forums for people selling their used manuals.

My Corvette set came from a shop somewhere (name written on the binding). My Escalade set came from eBay for $80 shipped, and my STS set came from a nice lady on the Cadillac forums who parted with them for $90 when her husband sold the car. The set for my 98 Olds I picked up for $30 shipped on eBay a couple years ago.

This post gave me a reminder that I need to go through my old sets for vehicles I don't have anymore and put them on eBay. I have a set of Helm manuals for a 94 Eldorado, 03 STS, 02 Trailbalzer/Envoy, and an 07 Saturn Sky sitting in my garage.

z0lt3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being a new member I am willing to share, PM me your email address and I will send you a private link.

Red Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Sent you PM z0lt3c

I have looked and am not finding them currently. I will keep looking. I just can't pay 350 right now. Even if i could get digital copy, i would still buy them since i like having a paper copy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia