factory remanufactured transmission for 1995 GMC Yukon 6.5L diesel 4x4 SLE NEEDED.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveclark

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings Forum,

I am seeking a reliable source in the SE US for a factory remanufactured transmission for this vehicle.

Does anyone have any first hand experience?

I'm needing a pair of GMC 1500 lower door molding for a 2 door. Any info greatly appreciated.

Please advise. Thanks.

Last edited:

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Jasper as my go to company for reman engines and transmissions when I had my shop. Quality units with a good warranty remanned with all of the latest updates. Also good tech support if there was any problems.

OP
OP
D

daveclark

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used Jasper as my go to company for reman engines and transmissions when I had my shop. Quality units with a good warranty remanned with all of the latest updates. Also good tech support if there was any problems.
Thanks Eman:
Contacted Jasper on Sat. pm and had the most informative conversation with Andy. Quoted $3676 for reman 4L80E. Local shop quoted 9.5 hrs for swap out = 1815 +3676 = $5491 plus tax. Deposit and core charge not included.

Reaction score
Ask if they rollerize the output (ie rear case).

Its not super critical but if you can replace a thrust washer with a torrington bearing you reduce heat/friction in that location in the case.

I do it on all th400s and 4L80Es that i build.

OP
OP
D

daveclark

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, Nick
Can you tell if there is a rpm sensor for shifting that is mounted on the rear axle differential housing?
What is it called?

Reaction score
Hi, Nick
Can you tell if there is a rpm sensor for shifting that is mounted on the rear axle differential housing?
What is it called?
Your vehicle speed sensor is in the transfer case. 91-93 4L80Es had the VSS in the transmission but in 94 they relocated it to the T case for 4x4 applications.

You may or may not also have a sensor in the diff but you’ll need to check to confirm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckeyeglazier