Factory Ordering a 2021 Yukon XL - Need any and ALL input Please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would think that the problems affecting these trucks would have come up during the testing phase pre production.
Perhaps GM should get a better test piloting program.

OP
OP
G

GMCdad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you really want to wait half a year?....I have had my 2021 Yukon Denali(not an XL) with the Duramax Diesel for about a month and so far it has been perfect, and I would recommend it to anyone.

No, i dont 'want' to wait at all. however, my rep at the dealer confirmed the max trailering package is highly restricted. He said that GM allows 45 vehicles to be made per week with the max trailer package. If i got this truck without that tow package, i wouldnt be able to sleep. the TSBs and some other posts i am reading on here definitely have me hesitant. Add on the factory issues with the tow package and it seems even if i don't want to wait, i probably will have to

STL Grif

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, i dont 'want' to wait at all. however, my rep at the dealer confirmed the max trailering package is highly restricted. He said that GM allows 45 vehicles to be made per week with the max trailer package. If i got this truck without that tow package, i wouldnt be able to sleep. the TSBs and some other posts i am reading on here definitely have me hesitant. Add on the factory issues with the tow package and it seems even if i don't want to wait, i probably will have to

Here's a pretty good article that talks about all of this.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/05/2021-gmc-yukon-and-yukon-xl-towing-capacities/

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that is definitely way to many service bulletins. even if there was 300 for suburban and 5 for Yukon i would still add those up. Thank you for your input! I will be holding off for sure.

There's a popular website (carcomplaints.com) that posts the TSB's... their count is at 198, BUT, every revision to an existing TSB is counted, so we don't particularly know exactly how many unique ones there are. (I've seen some where there are 3-5 revisions). I would be ordering mine just about now, if the max tow package and air ride were not on constraint.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you really want to wait half a year?....I have had my 2021 Yukon Denali(not an XL) with the Duramax Diesel for about a month and so far it has been perfect, and I would recommend it to anyone.
Had my 5.3 tahoe since October and not a single issue. I would also highly recommend it, best vehicle I've owned hands down.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would wait for the 2022. I bought a 2021 and took delivery in August. I just rolled 2100 miles on it. It has been in the shop four times and out of service 34 days and counting. We are currently in litigation with GM via our states lemon law. There is also a bad batch of lifters and valve springs out there across all GM V8 engines. GM refuses to do a recall and they are fixing the engines as they blow up. But hey I got to come into a dealership for a recall because my DRL were to blue. That is more important than catastrophic engine failure and loss of power :) LOL Be patient and sit out the 2021s. GM rushed these to market and lots of their vendors are having quality issues with their parts thanks to manpower issues and Covid. The resale value of the 2021s are also going to take a hit due to the reputation and the 200+ TSBs issued already :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo