Factory Ordering a 2021 Yukon XL - Need any and ALL input Please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCdad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Forum! New Member here. Wife and I have 3 kids and 2 dogs and currently are in a 2017 Acadia. We love the thing but we have no room left in the car for the dogs, or anything else, once the 5 of us pack inside. Wife has been begging for a Yukon XL for years now at this point.

I have a very good relationship with my local GM dealer, and they know we want this Yukon XL. They are letting me factory order anything I want with no strings attached using their dealer allocation from GM. Of course he calls me today and says I need to order by Saturday.. but like I said I don't HAVE to buy it when it comes in - he is confident it will sell regardless - but you and I know if I order it, that thing is going to be ours.

I come to you all asking you to please let me know any or all issues or concerns you would have if you were me (besides dollars). My major holdup is this being a brand new generation.

I know for instance the prior generation had a vibration or an echo in the cab of some of the trucks, and this was an issue for many years.

Have you all seen or heard of any major issues? I see some comments online from other sites that people are getting towed, people are getting stuck in park, things I would be horrifed with after we drop 75k.

I realize there are issues with every model from every brand. I do not expect to never have a problem but if anyone is aware of anything major please let me know!

I would also appreciate any input from anything you have seen or heard about this new generation.

Thank you very much in advance!!

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First. Go to the gmc website and build the truck you want.

do you trailer heavy things. That may give you a lot of your answers.
And also tells you that you might be better off waiting for the 2022. There are no parts for the max towing option. Do you plan to take the vehicle off roading. That too may give you a lot of your answers. How old are your kids, that may impact whether you get the media system. If they use an iPad, you may not need or want it One of them will always be without a screen and depending on age may not even be able to reach it.
From what I’ve read. Most of the problems came from programming or supplier produced parts. All of which are easily repaired from what I see.

jmho. Others may have different thoughts

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. I would wait till 2022 to order a new one. There have been accounts of over 300 TSB's out already about Tahoe's and Yukon's. May not be that many for your Yukon but even over 100 is way too many.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was one of the first to own the new Yukon (July 2020) and now have almost 10k miles on it. I wish I had all these forums to read prior to my purchase. I would have definitely waited for the 2022 model. Several issues with mine; about 20 days total in shop.. I consider myself lucky, because it hasn't left me stranded yet....

GM is finding solutions to many of the issues, so I suspect 2022s will be more reliable. I say keep driving the Acadia and wait a little longer.

OP
OP
G

GMCdad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First. Go to the gmc website and build the truck you want.

do you trailer heavy things. That may give you a lot of your answers.
And also tells you that you might be better off waiting for the 2022. There are no parts for the max towing option. Do you plan to take the vehicle off roading. That too may give you a lot of your answers. How old are your kids, that may impact whether you get the media system. If they use an iPad, you may not need or want it One of them will always be without a screen and depending on age may not even be able to reach it.
From what I’ve read. Most of the problems came from programming or supplier produced parts. All of which are easily repaired from what I see.

jmho. Others may have different thoughts

Thank you for taking your time to leave this thoughtful reply. If i cannot get the max trailering package i am OUT until 2022. Thanks!

OP
OP
G

GMCdad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. I would wait till 2022 to order a new one. There have been accounts of over 300 TSB's out already about Tahoe's and Yukon's. May not be that many for your Yukon but even over 100 is way too many.

Wow that is definitely way to many service bulletins. even if there was 300 for suburban and 5 for Yukon i would still add those up. Thank you for your input! I will be holding off for sure.

OP
OP
G

GMCdad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If I won the powerball today, I’d be waiting a few months and ordering a MY2022.

lol maybe i should start playing.. but waiting seems like the overwhelming response. Thank you for the input!

OP
OP
G

GMCdad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was one of the first to own the new Yukon (July 2020) and now have almost 10k miles on it. I wish I had all these forums to read prior to my purchase. I would have definitely waited for the 2022 model. Several issues with mine; about 20 days total in shop.. I consider myself lucky, because it hasn't left me stranded yet....

GM is finding solutions to many of the issues, so I suspect 2022s will be more reliable. I say keep driving the Acadia and wait a little longer.

Wow i do not envy your position! I hope your issues get resolved! I will monitor these issues, thank you for making me aware!!

Z71orAT4

Reaction score
Do you really want to wait half a year?....I have had my 2021 Yukon Denali(not an XL) with the Duramax Diesel for about a month and so far it has been perfect, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo