Factory nav upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbaker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an '07 yukon with a standard factory cd player. no xm or anything else. I am going to buy a factory nav unit that is out of a used '08. What additional things do I need to make this work properly?
Thanks,

1STIMEYUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need the gps antennae the nav cd obviously and a reflash with the tech 2 very easy straightforward install. Do you have factory bose? If not you will lose all your low fuel chime door chime turn signal chime unless you have an aftermarket amp then it will retain all of those sounds!

OP
OP
B

bbaker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does the antennae have to be a gm antennae and does the reflash have to be done at the dealer?

1STIMEYUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The antennae was only like 30 bucks from the dealer but if aftermarket antennaes exist and you wanna take the risk go for it. And no the flash doesnt need to be done at the dealer. The shop just needs to have a tech 2 which alot dont because the tech 2 is rather expensive.

pavemen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
without actory Bose, the system will be very quiet, evn at full volume, its not loud at all, about 20% volume I would say. I tried installing a factory nav unit in my non-Bose 08 and no matter what the dealer did, it would not get good sound as the nav does not have a built in amp.

It was cheaper to install my DNX8120 and its a better unit anyway

1STIMEYUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the same thing happened with my install. but any amp will work you dont HAVE to have bose for the sound to come back to full strength. i put a cheap 100w panasonic amp and had it wired up and everything works like a champ now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SRobinson541