Factory ITBC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LDMoore

Reaction score
Is it possible to install a factory brake controller on an Escalade that doesn't come with the tow package? I've read the wiring is there for one but I know the factory setup has a module that's integrated into the BCM. Also I know on the pickups it's mounted down on the lower kick panel. Is it the same on the suvs? There's a blank hole next to the light switch but I don't know if that's where it goes or not

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to install a factory brake controller on an Escalade that doesn't come with the tow package? I've read the wiring is there for one but I know the factory setup has a module that's integrated into the BCM. Also I know on the pickups it's mounted down on the lower kick panel. Is it the same on the suvs? There's a blank hole next to the light switch but I don't know if that's where it goes or not

No... not doable..... many threads on here

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to elaborate...The wires are for an aftermarket controller.,.. factory controller same spot in pickups as tahoes yuks etc sure you can buy the itbc separate but the wiring is different from the Controller to the dic To all the way back to the rear of the truck. Gm actually states it’s not something you can add on.
All that said, I guess anything is possible but is the time and money really worth when an aftermarket controller is cheap, easy and probably better than factory.
337FD204-492C-4701-B417-D0E529B42FC6.jpeg

OP
OP
LDMoore

LDMoore

Reaction score
Just to elaborate...The wires are for an aftermarket controller.,.. factory controller same spot in pickups as tahoes yuks etc sure you can buy the itbc separate but the wiring is different from the Controller to the dic To all the way back to the rear of the truck. Gm actually states it’s not something you can add on.
All that said, I guess anything is possible but is the time and money really worth when an aftermarket controller is cheap, easy and probably better than factory.
View attachment 253098
Thanks for the info! I looked for threads but my search didn't come up with much. Maybe I wasn't using the right key words.

Anyway that answered my question. I like the clean look of the factory controller but not interested in a lot of work to do it. An aftermarket will do just fine for what I need

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I looked for threads but my search didn't come up with much. Maybe I wasn't using the right key words.

Anyway that answered my question. I like the clean look of the factory controller but not interested in a lot of work to do it. An aftermarket will do just fine for what I need

Glad to help...
Search function here has been sketchy.... google what you’re looking for and put tahoeyukonforum at the end of your search terms

OP
OP
LDMoore

LDMoore

Reaction score
Will do!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman