Fabtech 6 inch lift stacked with SuspenionMaxx 2.5 leveling kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StealthTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 2019 Tahoe Premier and was curious if stacking the Fabtech 6 inch lift kit plus the SuspensionMaxx 2.5 MagRide leveling kit is possible to get a total of 8.5 inches of lift?

Also, I was looking at the BDS 4 inch lift kit (obviously I'd have to get the Xineering MR delete kit) but it says its for 4wd only. Being that mines a 2wd I was wondering if it would still work because Fabtech, ProComp, and Rough Country's lift kits all state the same kits fit a 2wd and a 4wd.

Thanks for any info, just want to make an informed decision before making such a big investment.

cireallin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a buddy who did something similar and he had no issues. He did a 4" + leveling kit if I remember correctly. Is the 6" the largest suspension lift available before you pay for full custom?

OP
OP
StealthTX

StealthTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah Mcgaughys has a 7 inch for MagRide suspension, I'm just debating if I really want to go with such a big lift/tires and watch my gas mileage go down the drain haha.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess that it depends upon how important gas mileage is to you.

Fun often extracts a gas mileage penalty.

Personally, I'm OK with that, but my truck is not my daily ride.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was your last rig lifted that much? Was the mileage worse than your new rig?

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2019 Tahoe Premier and was curious if stacking the Fabtech 6 inch lift kit plus the SuspensionMaxx 2.5 MagRide leveling kit is possible to get a total of 8.5 inches of lift?

Also, I was looking at the BDS 4 inch lift kit (obviously I'd have to get the Xineering MR delete kit) but it says its for 4wd only. Being that mines a 2wd I was wondering if it would still work because Fabtech, ProComp, and Rough Country's lift kits all state the same kits fit a 2wd and a 4wd.

Thanks for any info, just want to make an informed decision before making such a big investment.

@StealthTX - ANY UPDATES? DID YOU GO WITH THE 4" BDS LIFT?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a buddy who did something similar and he had no issues. He did a 4" + leveling kit if I remember correctly. Is the 6" the largest suspension lift available before you pay for full custom?

this generally falls into a slightly different category. Most manufacturers use the same hard parts (cross member drops, ect.) to achieve the 4" and 6" lift, the arm angles are negligently different at those heights...

but when exceeding what is engineered for 6", you start to push the limits of the angles and contact points.

if wanting over 6", the other options would be my recommendations.

Guiseppe83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah Mcgaughys has a 7 inch for MagRide suspension, I'm just debating if I really want to go with such a big lift/tires and watch my gas mileage go down the drain haha.
ive been rolling 7" for 11 months now. no issues. this is first truck ive had with all the fancy shit. the safety sensors and cameras make this a great family wagon & decent tow rig with the 6.2l.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63