Extra/auxillary power location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am going to be installing some auxiliary LED ditch lights and the only thing I am not sure of is where I get power for the illuminated switch. I'd rather not tap into any existing wire(s) if I don't have to. Is there a place on the fuse panel inside the vehicle to plug in 12V auxilliary items? Thank you in advance!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am going to be installing some auxiliary LED ditch lights and the only thing I am not sure of is where I get power for the illuminated switch. I'd rather not tap into any existing wire(s) if I don't have to. Is there a place on the fuse panel inside the vehicle to plug in 12V auxilliary items? Thank you in advance!
there should be a power panel down by your feet drivers side, there will be a black plastic cover that just pulls off, inside there is multiple plugs, sometimes one or more of the plug slots are empty depending your trim package, you can use one of the empty plugs or insert a accessory plug into a occupied one. someone else may have the pinout to post up or just use a meter to test the pins for accessory power.

OP
OP
Tk59194

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sir,
thank you, this is most helpful!

cheers!

OP
OP
Tk59194

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An additional question someone may know is where on the firewall is the best place to run a wire/add a hole/grommet.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The location @Doubeleive recommended is a great place to grab either constant or switched accessory power. It’s called the X61A junction block. The X7 cavity is typically used by upfitters for PPV and SSV applications.

I believe I saw where you had the lights installed and working. How did you route the wires and incorporate a switch?

I had an idea for you to use a factory switch with the off-road light button (or just one with the single fog lamp button) and a latching relay. Since you hooked up your fogs with a Gen5DIY harness, you could use the factory fog lamp wiring at the BCM to avoid having to route wires through the firewall. Then you could use the factory fog lamp relay in the X50A fuse block in the engine bay to send power to the auxiliary lights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tk59194

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up going through the firewall, and I did not need to tap into anything inside the truck. The LED ditch lights harness I received had ground and power which I wired to the battery and grounded inside the fender. All three leads were then fed through the firewall. These lights work completely independent of any of the factory lights and can be turned on/off with or with ignition which is the way I wanted them anyways. Thank you all for the help.

cheers!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa1971

Latest posts