External Transmission Oil Cooler for 2009 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drseth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2009 Yukon with 97K miles that I occasionally used for trailering my 24ft Albemarle Cuddy Cabin with a tandem axle trailer. The Yukon, which I purchased new, came with the factory tow package, which I think only has an internal cooler in the radiator.

I live in Virginia, and want to know should I get an external cooler installed if I decide to tow the boat to Florida. The boat is approaching the maximum rated load as per the Yukon Owners Manual (have weighed it at a truck scale). I usually tow under 65 mph on the interstate.

As a side note, I have driven to Oregon and back twice in the Yukon, and the last trip, I drove up Pike's Peak in Colorado, over 14,000ft above sea level. The fluid temperature rose to 235 degrees on the way up, which concerned me. Usually, the transmission temperature rarely exceeds 200 degrees.

If I decide to install an external cooler, which brand/size has worked best for you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz