Experience with shorty headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FasterBass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I know, they wont make as much power. But considering how easy they are to install and that most connect to the factory system, its got me interested. Any experience with various brands? Gibson, dougs, flowmaster and few others seem to have a good product.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I know, they wont make as much power. But considering how easy they are to install and that most connect to the factory system, its got me interested. Any experience with various brands? Gibson, dougs, flowmaster and few others seem to have a good product.
@kbuskill

Ken has JBA shorties. Back in the day, the Fox body mustangs ran shorties to great effect. Our cast iron manifolds perform similarly but Ken showed us that they are better than we thought.

Last edited:

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wish there were more choices, and more dyno-sheets, for headers. With the LS being the same engine for a billion vehicles (Silverado, Sierra, Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban, etc) there seems to be a real lack of info on available options: e.g., recipes for vehicle types - 5.3L 4x2 SUV, 5.3L 4x4 SUV, 6.2L ect....

It'd be great if some Excel nerd genius would be able to create a matrix with all the manufactureer/options per vehicle fitment.

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems strange to me that a 50state legal header could possibly be better than something not allowed in CA.

JBA Cat4ward, that is. Do u think that their oem Ti Ceramic coating would be good enough or would u be better served to get bare stainless and send to Jet Hot? I mean, JH definitely probably better but I guess I wonder if their coating is "good enough" for heat management.

I also would stay away from anything Pacesetter

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen dyno graphs that show almost no hp gain over our stock manifolds but with that said, I’m running a set of Doug Thorley shorties on my bagged 08 Silverado just because I couldn’t fit longtubes and they look better than stock. I noticed a slight change in sound but no noticeable power improvement. The ceramic coating on them seems good quality and they seem no hotter than the stockers.

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a set of the jba's in ceramic silver. Will post up results. Bbk's were cheaper but from all my searching the QC of those was a bit underwhelming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9