Exhaust Manifold Leak Drivers Clamp Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WestLinnYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there, I watched a bunch of videos on people installing Dorman 917-107 exhaust clamp on the rear drivers side exhaust manifold. The videos were less than helpful, so I wanted to share a little advice that will save you hours of cursing and scratching your head.

1. Drop the front of the driveline to front end. Just remove the 4 bolts on the end and move it to the side a few inches (mark it so you put it back the same way). Unless your forearms are tiny and your arms are extra long, you wont be able to get in between the driveline and the exhaust and reach it.

2. Remove the heat shield in your way. Remove the two 10mm nuts from the bottom, and one you reach under the hood. Just shift it out of the way. It takes 5 minutes and makes it super easy.

3. Install form under car. I found on a creeper with my legs facing the passenger side was the best angle of attack. I installed the bottom bolt first, got it started a couple turns, and then the top bolt a couple turns. Then use a pivot head ratchet wrench 14 mm and finish it up.

It worked great as well. No more noise and closed the gap I could see on the manifold. If you have the time and/or money pulling it off and drilling out the bolts would be preferable, but if you have an hour and $50.00 this works just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos