Escalade third brake Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
Okay everyone i have a question for those of you who have done this switch or for those of you who know.

So i finally bought my Escalade third brake Light/housing .

So my question is will the housing and third brake light bolt right up to my 2006 Tahoe Rear Window ? i did a general search on the forums but i got nothing so please let me know guys so i could get this thing painted and finally finish my exterior..

or i'am going to need the whole escalade Rear Window ? Im hoping i dont need the rear window or else im gonna have to buy the rear window Also :emotions122:

Last edited:

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
um. from my little knowledge of this. When i bought mine it came with the whole glass. I was told thats how they went on. I thought you just swapped them out with the brake light, but nope whole window with the piece on it.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

DSC_0091-1.jpg

OP
OP
Travieso

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
see as im looking at your rear glass trick mine and yours are the same

i hope this works any more input guys who has done this ?

tucsonlocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine with the glass as well, it looks like it can be done, you just have to get through the epoxy that the factory put on to keep it in place and glue the esky one on.
rearwheels.jpg

OP
OP
Travieso

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
I got mine with the glass as well, it looks like it can be done, you just have to get through the epoxy that the factory put on to keep it in place and glue the esky one on.
rearwheels.jpg

im not worried about the double sided tape, this his how it is OEM anyways, what im worried about is is it plug and play before i send it to the painter to get it painted

what i also notice that on yours lenny (tucsonlocal) is that you have a bezel around your window and on tricks no Bezel what im thinking is your is from 2000-2002 Escalade and Tricks 03+ Escalade ?

Last edited:

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
good point on yours. I did get mine from a guy who had a new denali. so i thought that was the norm. Maybe yours being a newer style window you can just swap it out.

LazyAssLou

Supporting Member
Reaction score
pretty sure the plastic shade part by your third light right now is glued to your glass. I think the esky third light needs an empty part underneath it to be able to mount. Just my guess.

I have dibs on the plastic part you are replacing though!

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't remember now, but I belieeeve it's just glue/epoxy it on

jeffyrc

Bow Tie For Life
Reaction score
see as im looking at your rear glass trick mine and yours are the same

i hope this works any more input guys who has done this ?

How is that plastic piece held on there. You think it's just a direct swap if you have that glass?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas_Made