Escalade seats in a PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steve671

Reaction score
The seats in my 2010 PPV are trashed and I am hoping to replace them with leather. Seems like all the yards in my area and ebay mostly have Escalade leather seats for both front and 2nd row.
I can't seem to find a clear answer to this; do Escalade seats function properly with the factory PPV wiring?
If anyone has successfully installed Escalade seats in your PPV, can you share how it went with the wiring/install, and if you had to make any changes?
Is the 2nd row motorized? If so, were you able to get the motorization to work?
Are yours heated/cooled? If so, does that work?
Thanks,
Steve

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would have to rewire the truck. It’s not plug and play. The second row isn’t motorized. I have Escalade Captain seats in my 2nd row. They’re heated as well, but i don’t have that wired up. Check this post out, he did lots of work to get everything working

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have these for sale if interested. I’ll sell them for a reasonable price too.

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put an Escalade 2nd and 3rd row in my PPV... bolted in perfectly... it's not wired but the manual releases work just fine for me...

OP
OP
S

steve671

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the responses, that helps a lot. Any info on the front seats and wiring to get the motorization to work?

ChunkePPV

Reaction score
Check out my build thread, I was able to get them working with heated and cooled as well, no lights in the dash

OP
OP
S

steve671

Reaction score
Check out my build thread, I was able to get them working with heated and cooled as well, no lights in the dash
I just read your entire thread, very nice. That helped out a lot but I'm a little unsure if I can pull that off. Any advise for after you have now done it? Any particular seat I should try to get and any I should avoid?

ChunkePPV

Reaction score
I just read your entire thread, very nice. That helped out a lot but I'm a little unsure if I can pull that off. Any advise for after you have now done it? Any particular seat I should try to get and any I should avoid?
Thanks for checking it out! Yeah it was a fun project, im still blown away every time I use it lol. First of all it's not very straightforward, I followed another build someone was working on and they had a slightly different model of seat and their wiring was different, so I suspect GM wires the seats different based on model/year/trim. As far as seats mine were from a 2013 escalade, I think the model to look for is 2009-2014 Denali/escalade, I didn't want to try newer seats 2015+ because I was trying to follow the guide I found. When starting the project, the costs add up quick, you will need to factor in the seats( i paid $600), switches $100-150, wiring harness (~$50 painless performance ), a GM MDI (Chinese knock off~200), and finally a AC Delco TDS Licence $40-130 depending on what you want to do.
After that the hardest part is understanding the wiring on the seats you get, there was a little bit of guess work, but I was able to troubleshoot it with the AC Delco TDS. I would totally do it again if I had the chance, it was a fun project.

OP
OP
S

steve671

Reaction score
Thanks for checking it out! Yeah it was a fun project, im still blown away every time I use it lol. First of all it's not very straightforward, I followed another build someone was working on and they had a slightly different model of seat and their wiring was different, so I suspect GM wires the seats different based on model/year/trim. As far as seats mine were from a 2013 escalade, I think the model to look for is 2009-2014 Denali/escalade, I didn't want to try newer seats 2015+ because I was trying to follow the guide I found. When starting the project, the costs add up quick, you will need to factor in the seats( i paid $600), switches $100-150, wiring harness (~$50 painless performance ), a GM MDI (Chinese knock off~200), and finally a AC Delco TDS Licence $40-130 depending on what you want to do.
After that the hardest part is understanding the wiring on the seats you get, there was a little bit of guess work, but I was able to troubleshoot it with the AC Delco TDS. I would totally do it again if I had the chance, it was a fun project.
Thanks for the info.

After completing this do you think it would be possible to use my existing motorized seat bases and bolt escalade seats to my bases to avoid all the wiring issues? I realize I wont have heat or memory, but that is fine.

ChunkePPV

Reaction score
If all you wanted was motorized seats, they don't need the BCM or special wiring, just send the 12v in all the right places and it will work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pamelapanian

Latest posts