Escalade Roof Rack Part Numbers with Diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silly question -- I put one on last week (Tahoe/swb). Was kinda hard getting things situated so the end caps were flush. I notice there are two part numbers for either side's rail. https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/v-2006-cadillac-escalade--base--6-0l-v8-gas/body--luggage-carrier

Obviously, the plastic parts underneath are side specific but is the metal piece? I didn't really pay attention when assembling it and now my OCD wonders...
What metal piece are you referring to?

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they are side specific. You can tell by the placement of the tracks where the cross rails fit inside. The track for the cross rails need to point towards the inside of the roof.
I get that...and I have the cross rails installed.

I'm asking if they can be on the wrong side. As it sits, I could take the chrome side rail from the left side and flip it 180* front to back and put it on the right side. That's what I'm asking about. I wasn't careful enough to hold them up together to discern if there was a proper front to back orientation or if it didn't matter.