Escalade Headlight Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAWLin in WI

Reaction score
Got my new to me Escalade a few weeks ago. Just noticed the other night a headlight is out. Started looking into it online and now I'm wondering if it's a bulb or if I need a ballast and relay harness. Is there any way to tell?

It seemed like when I hit the unlock button that that bulb briefly, barely lights up a light white/bluish color for half a second and then goes to nothing.

I've seen tutorial on what needs to be done to change the bulb and I want to try to make sure I figure out my problem before I start tearing into things.

Thanks for help.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Got my new to me Escalade a few weeks ago. Just noticed the other night a headlight is out. Started looking into it online and now I'm wondering if it's a bulb or if I need a ballast and relay harness. Is there any way to tell?

It seemed like when I hit the unlock button that that bulb briefly, barely lights up a light white/bluish color for half a second and then goes to nothing.

I've seen tutorial on what needs to be done to change the bulb and I want to try to make sure I figure out my problem before I start tearing into things.

Thanks for help.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Easiest way to tell is either swap the bulb to the other side OR swap the ballast from the other side and see if the problem goes away or follows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71

Latest posts