Escalade Gauges.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should be able to put any window up/down without the key in the ignition. If I have access to the inside of the vehicle, what would it hurt to be able do that?

Large Draw?! c'mon. I could put all 5 windows open/close 50 times before the battery took a hit. I'd get bored before the battery gave out.

I can use the power lift gate, which uses 10x more power than a window with the key or without it being in the ignition. or the head lights even! you can't tell me windows draw more power than head lights...

the sunroof issue is a design or programming flaw. not being able to move the windows without a key in the ignition is just lame.

However most modern cars let you move the windows until a door is opened after the key is pulled.

The liftgate doesn't necessarily use more power... it may but there is a theory behind my logic.

The motors in the windows are the only thing holding the windows in their position, there is no latch. If someone could get a grip on the window (like with one of those giant suction cups for replacing windows and windshields), they won't be able to pull it down.

The liftgate however, is able to move rather easily because the latch is mechanical/electronic. The gas pistons make the force needed to open the liftgate much less. If you ask me, opening the liftgate by hand is easier than closing it.

The actual low beams in the headlights don't turn on until you take it out of Park... at least for me. Just my DRL's are on.

My sunroof stops the second I pull my key out, along with the windows.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
My sunroof continues to close all the way when I pull my key out. There have been many times when I hit the auto-close button after I park in my driveway and then I pull the key out to exit the vehicle and it's never stopped nor reversed itself.

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My sunroof continues to close all the way when I pull my key out. There have been many times when I hit the auto-close button after I park in my driveway and then I pull the key out to exit the vehicle and it's never stopped nor reversed itself.

interesting. i will ask my dealer about that when it goes in for the 400th billion time this week...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo