escalade different model exteriors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DStockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anything different on the exterior of the different models of escalades besides the wheels? So if I bought a base with 18" wheels and put the 22" wheels you would not be able to tell?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of differences between the front fascias of different Escalade trims ... mostly related to grille and color matched components.
Platinums have the LED headlamps.
12+ Premium has different side moldings, rear bumper, and tail lamps.

Wheels can make a base esky look like a luxury esky, but to the trained eye they can spot a premium/platinum immediately, and it'll more than just a wheel swap to make a base or luxury esky look like a premium or plat.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of differences between the front fascias of different Escalade trims ... mostly related to grille and color matched components.
Platinums have the LED headlamps.
12+ Premium has different side moldings, rear bumper, and tail lamps.

Wheels can make a base esky look like a luxury esky, but to the trained eye they can spot a premium/platinum immediately, and it'll more than just a wheel swap to make a base or luxury esky look like a premium or plat.

x2

:Handshake:

just like my Yukon and a Denali...

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean it's not difficult to make a base or lux look like a premium or platinum ... it's just not very cheap.

Felix probably knows all the different grille, molding, wheel, and light combinations according to model year.

But basically the only exterior difference tween the base and the lux is wheels ... it gets progressively trickier and more $ after that.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea there isn't much difference on the exterior. The base/lux has a chrome grille whereas the 07-11 premium ones they color match. Platinums have a completely different front end and the 2012+ premium has a color matched platinum front end, dual exhaust bumper, smoked third brake light and led tails (instead of the red), the platinum rims in a different finish, and all chrome on it is also color matched. They are all really small changes really...

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The easiest way to tell what all the current exterior differences are, is to go to the 'build it' page of the Caddy site, and click on all the different trim options with the pic expanded and rotatable 360 degrees.

OP
OP
D

DStockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking more of the 07 and 08s. Mainly like all the chrome accent pieces and stuff like that.

CarToons

Reaction score
Not sure if its just an option or if its standard on Premium and Platinums but electric running boards is another difference I haven't seen on any bases.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought mine base models had fixed running boards, non heated steering wheel and no sunroof and 18 inch wheels. Luxury added a over head tv, sunroof and 22's, premiums had tv's, and power side steps (which the new ones have platinum grills etc) and the platinums have an upgraded interior, led headlights, bigger grill, and different front bumper along with different 22's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts