erratic gas gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fletcher

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fuel Guage Needle on Crack

Mine just started tweaking too. Right from startup, its vibrating like a tuning fork.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My oil pressure gauge does the same thing..

same here had my oil pressure checked out and it was fine mines either a bad guage or the sending unit for the oil pressure, not that big of a deal most of the time its fine every now and then it acts up

98YukeXLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this forum is old, but if anyone else is having fuel gauge dancing around 1/2 full, I read these gauges have an silicone gel in them that if drained out somehow, result in this dance. Here's a youtube video on how to fix...

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this forum is old, but if anyone else is having fuel gauge dancing around 1/2 full, I read these gauges have an silicone gel in them that if drained out somehow, result in this dance. Here's a youtube video on how to fix...

There is a place in CT you can send your cluster to, they will test it and fix any bad guages

1998Suburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A bouncing/erratic gas gauge is one of the biggest problems in these clusters. I replace a lot of them when I recondition the clusters.

1998Suburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a source for them but it isn't an inexhaustible supply.

1998Suburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a few pics of a cluster being tested. I check functionality on them all and repair as needed. For whatever reason I have yet to see a Yukon Denali/Escalade cluster come in with a working gas gauge. Here are the after shots.
Denali:
70mph_zps7lyznvuw.jpg

0mph_zpswezq1jac.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700