Engine shuts off 09 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2799gret

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2009 Chevy Tahoe. The engine has been shutting off once a week when I slow down. Electrical still works. I can crank the car right back up after. No check engine light comes on. When it happens the steering wheel locks up and the car decelerates to a stop.
I don’t know where to start.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2009 Chevy Tahoe. The engine has been shutting off once a week when I slow down. Electrical still works. I can crank the car right back up after. No check engine light comes on. When it happens the steering wheel locks up and the car decelerates to a stop.
I don’t know where to start.
ignition system: Fuel, spark, or intake

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you're going to need to basis tools like obd scanner with data to really do anything besides guess. you need to check the basics like does it have fuel pressure when it dies, is it running badly.

but more story might help if they guys have seen this before. what are you doing when it happens. how does it run, passed maintenance and mileage. could be as simple as fouled our plugs, to a throttle body that needs cleaned. hard to say without knowing more.

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the steering wheel really lock up, as if the key is removed? Or does steering get stiff, as in no power steering?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia