Engine question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aduran98

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my engine went out on 07 Yukon Denali 6.2 so I went on fb and found a 6.2 out of a 2011 escalde esv but I notice it had afm so I’m wondering will it plug and play into my 07 denali or what would I have to make it work

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my engine went out on 07 Yukon Denali 6.2 so I went on fb and found a 6.2 out of a 2011 escalde esv but I notice it had afm so I’m wondering will it plug and play into my 07 denali or what would I have to make it work
presuming hardware fits without modification then you can just have the ecm tuned to turn the afm off and any other needed fixes, company's like @BlackBearPerf offer this service.

OP
OP
A

Aduran98

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Everything bolted right up including the harness only thing I had to re use from my 07 6.2 was the valley cover because the one that came on the 2011 had a electrical connector that my o7 harness didn’t have

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The only real difference of concern is the cam specs between the non-AFM and AFM 6.2s. They're very close, and should be fine as both versions had VVT. It's the same as having an AFM-equipped engine and turning it off in the tune. It should be plug-and-play. I would've taken the opportunity to delete AFM while the engine was out.

Although, you MIGHT have an issue using the valley cover in place of the VLOM. Apparently, some engines with good or low oil pressure (I forget which affects it) can make the AFM lifters collapse and not pump up. To play it safe, I'd keep the AFM VLOM in place if the AFM lifters are in place. It doesn't need to be plugged in, just present for the oil circuit.

*EDIT*
I decided to look up the cams and other specs for the L92 and L94. Also, you'll need to retain your original injectors or entire intake manifold since your original L92 is not FlexFuel and the L94 you now have is. If you don't have to return your original engine with manifold, etc. as a core, you could probably sell that complete FlexFuel intake manifold pretty quickly as it'd be a complete "TBSS" upgrade for someone's Gen3 engine or even just the injectors as a "factory performance injector" upgrade.

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, she's going to run rich with the larger injectors from the L94 and that could foul the cats. Easy solution is to swap over the injectors like Chris said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia