Engine Light on my 2009 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drseth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am on a trip out West in my 2009 Yukon with 113K miles. The engine light came on and I scanned it and the code said the bank one was rich. I was up and down long grades here in South Dakota when it came on. Been running regular gas but put premium in this tank.

I had replaced the spark plugs and O2 sensors at 1K. I reset the code. If it returns, what could it be?

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what was the exact code?

map sensors are sometimes flaky do they match on key on

(both the baro and map sensor?)

OP
OP
D

drseth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I should have screen shot the code before clearing it. The Yukon usually is on flat level roads in Virginia.

Will give the code if it pops up again.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You already addressed a few of the possibilities. Others would be a dirty or flaky MAF (there are lots of YouTube videos on how to clean them, be careful), a clogged air filter or intake plenum, leaky fuel injector(s), fuel pressure issues (less likely oil your truck as the pressure management is pretty intelligent).

Good luck.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What @wsteele said and does the owner's manual tell you to run regular fuel? I would never run regular fuel in these rigs. At least mid grade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vadenA77