Engine idle issues still part #2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
When I read the first post I was going to say that your problem sounds like a vacuum leak. Seems you figured it out though

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree you’d better sell it, take a loss and get something else. Then take it to Pep Boys for an oil change.
When you do, pull all the covers they probably shouldn’t be going into and put love notes that say stuff like “what are you looking in here for?” “NO TRESPASSING” and “Surprise Muddafukka!”

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those wire harnesses are known to fail.....
the reading is 92KPA (0.92 bar or 13.34psi) with ACC on

Idle =27-30kpa load = 27-30 kpa

it should be about 89KPa(at lest close too) idle and 30KPa at about 75%-80% throttle

i'll test drive it around the block with the map sensor disconnected as it's only required on Super or turbo charged engine anyway

it's a NA engine...

the diaphragm is probably bad on the MAP sensor.. or getting stuck and sticking when the engine is on

Last edited:

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So all the automakers have been putting MAP sensors on millions of non-supercharged vehicles all these years for nothing? I mean... they don’t use that signal to help determine load and adjust engine parameters or nuthin’? Are you sure about that?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So all the automakers have been putting MAP sensors on millions of non-supercharged vehicles all these years for nothing? I mean... they don’t use that signal to help determine load and adjust engine parameters or nuthin’? Are you sure about that?
:confused: LMAO.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
toyota does not use them and it tells me the engine load percentage via live scan tool it's NEWER as well 2013

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So go ahead and pull yours. I’m sure you’re smarter than GM. Idiots, putting MAP sensors when they aren’t even needed. SMH. Stupid engineers.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
toyota does not use them

I thought the vehicle of subject was a GMT900.

Toyota also had a hydraulic cooling fan motor. I guess an electric fan motor is yet another archaic design employed by GM that isn't required? Some vehicles run a speed-density tune and don't have a MAF sensor- GM's use of a MAF must not be required, either. Rip out all that unnecessary clutter and drop in a good 'ol tree fifty with a big ol' caw-buh-ray-durr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts