"Engine Hot AC Off" message?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

harbison

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife headed to work this morning. 60 degrees. She gets a couple of miles down the road and gets "Engine Hot AC Off" message. The temperature gauge is at 160 when normally it would be at 210 within a few minutes. Nothing under the hood seems hot. The temperature gauge never comes off of 160. I'm thinking temperature coolant sensor but some say thermostat while others just disconnect the battery. Any experience with this problem?

MarkDallas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got this code on and off for a while. You can clear it by disconnecting the battery or using a scanner (I have a super-cheap bluetooth scanner that works great).

Eventually I replaced the temperature sensor on the right side of the engine near spark plug #1 and I haven't seen the code since.

Glisella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got this yesterday too, 08 Yukon XL Denali...ordered the sensor and thermostat from Rock Auto so will install next week when they arrive. Looks pretty straightforward but if anyone has any tips I'll take them.

Glisella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed the sensor and thermostat on mine after having same issue, took 2.5 galls of antifreeze to refill but no problems any longer. I was also getting P0128 code, gone now.

olliec420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but if anyone sees this... were your fans running at the time of the message?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645