Engine cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to do an engine compartment detail. I'll put a bag over the alternator, and spray simple green everywhere. Then I will use a hose to "shower" it off. Anything else I need to take caution of on these trucks?

Thanks

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Best thing to do is just have the car running when you do it. If you here any kind of stumble in the car when washing just keep away from that area.

windycitylp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Best thing to do is just have the car running when you do it. If you here any kind of stumble in the car when washing just keep away from that area.

dont run it before you spray it down. you want the engine cool. you run it after to help dry it off. also use a soft spray. do not use a full blast stream. i have a fire hose type sprayer that allows you to use a softer spray. sorry im late to this one. putting cold water on hot surfaces is not something you want to do. especially on your engine.
for further tips on detailing i suggest www.adamsforums.com
good luck. hope it goes (went) well.

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a bag over alternator, fuse block, and intake.

I rinse once.

Apply degreaser or whatever, let sit, rinse, repeat and get a brush into wherever and rinse again.

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually put off cleaning my engine compartment after hearing people complain about ruining their sensors. I still want to do it though. I bought a detailer brush and simple green. I hope it goes well.

mfdrookie516

Reaction score
Once it's clean, spray Meguiars Natural Shine on all of the stuff you want to look new... avoid the electrical stuff like the alternator. Once it's sprayed, start it and let it idle for about 20 minutes. Once it's dry, it'll look brand new.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone here concerned with the grease and grime hitting their driveway or the city drains? I want to do this but don't want that mess on the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyguy88