Ending rev’s up when foot is off the gas pedal!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I posted before that I have a transmission that catches or jerks. So I’ve been noticing that when I rev the Engine and speed up then slow or stop as I’m breaking the engine will rev up to 1k 1.5k Rpm’s then stop all together and idel. With out my foot on the gas. It’s like a delayed response.

Hope I made sense.

Ken

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
First things that come to mind is, any CEL? Last time throttle bore and MAF were cleaned? Possible TPS problem?

By the way...year...engine...model?

Might want to edit the title of thread, unless you really wanted to say "ending" instead of "engine".

suburban2011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Please help. I have the same problem as of yesterday. 2011 suburban rwd. Transmission shift fine all the way throug the gears and runs perfect. It's when I come to slow down and stop and take off it acts like it's looking for first gear for a second then catch and CLUNK takes off. Fluid was dirty but changed it and filter. It's still doing the same thing. But if I come to slow down and completely stop for about 3 seconds it goes in first and takes off just fine.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's like it's looking for first gear then finds it.
Please start a separate thread in the same sub-forum instead of hikacking @The Grey Beast 's. His thread concerns engine / engine mgmt issues whereas yours is specific to the transmission.

Tag me in the new thread and ill respond when I see it.

I responded in your thread - please respond to my ?s there...TIA

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn