Electric Fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dec322

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adjustable thermostat? Are you talking about the one in the thermostat housing (neck)?

I'd love some pictures.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adjustable thermostat? Are you talking about the one in the thermostat housing (neck)?

I'd love some pictures.

I bought it from Autozone. It's basically a probe that goes in between the radiator fins and can be adjusted to turn on the fans at just about any temp. IIRC, it was only $17 and has been working perfect since I put it in.
I just realized I don't have any pics of the install. I'll try to get some up for you this weekend.

OP
OP
D

dec322

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought it from Autozone. It's basically a probe that goes in between the radiator fins and can be adjusted to turn on the fans at just about any temp. IIRC, it was only $17 and has been working perfect since I put it in.
I just realized I don't have any pics of the install. I'll try to get some up for you this weekend.

Thanks man.

I'm not real big into the whole electronic type stuff but I can follow directions with the best of them. I'm liking the idea of putting my own setup together because of cost. How did you program the PCM?

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't have to program the pcm. The aftermarket thermostat controls the fans. Another option is programming the pcm to turn on the fan control and use that instead of the aftermarket thermostat.

OP
OP
D

dec322

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't have to program the pcm. The aftermarket thermostat controls the fans. Another option is programming the pcm to turn on the fan control and use that instead of the aftermarket thermostat.

Ok. That makes sense. How long have you been running your setup? How accurate is the aftermarket thermostat?

I'm a little worried that the thermostat might give out and the fans won't come on...then I overheat and then I blow a head gasket. My wife drives the yukon and she will never check gauges to make sure everything is functioning.

Did you notice an increase in MPG?

OP
OP
D

dec322

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is what I am wanting too dec322 an increase in mileage would be great

What kind of mileage do you get with your lift? We just ran through our first tank with the yukon and averaged 13.5 mpg (90% city). The tires were inflated to 28 psi. Yesterday I increased to 35 psi and will see if we get any increase. Next week I will change the fuel filter and check. Lastly, I will change the plugs and check. I want around 15-16 in the city.

Everything else done to the truck will be for MPG (exhaust, fan, filter.....BB Tune :)...maybe not)

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i never noticed a difference with the 2 inch lift. I do have the 6.0 and its a 2500 so it is hard to compare. but I will tell you when I changed over to full synthetic gear oil in the rear end. I gained 1.4 mpg!!!!! I also run 50psi in the front tires and 55 in the back. I am going to change the front diff fluid but havent gotten around to it yet

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for electric fans that when "all said and done installed" look like factory but would like to see any successful install pics as well!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyhoe24