Eibach Sway Bars - Install Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
vjr021

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm doing the Eibach 2/3 drop on Monday, look for a write up next week... and yes this will work for any 2/3 drop, maybe even a 3/5.

I have been driving it for a month with NO drop and have not had any issues...

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the aftermarket sways worth it for these trucks? My NNBS has some pretty beefy stock sway bars....I can't imagine that aftermarket ones can make it that much better, can it? Especially for the amount of cash they want for these things...

OP
OP
vjr021

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the aftermarket sways worth it for these trucks? My NNBS has some pretty beefy stock sway bars....I can't imagine that aftermarket ones can make it that much better, can it? Especially for the amount of cash they want for these things...

Given the difference they made in my truck, I think the outlay is WELL worth it.. Especially if your rig is dropped, it just completes the whole package... BIG DIFFERENCE...

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given the difference they made in my truck, I think the outlay is WELL worth it.. Especially if your rig is dropped, it just completes the whole package... BIG DIFFERENCE...
I imagine that the improvement would be just as appreciated or even more so if the vehicle is leveled or lifted (due to the higher center of gravity)...

I just wonder how much different it would be in an NNBS rather than the NBS....obviously the front suspensions have drastically changed...

RenaliSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old thread I know, but I need advice....

22'"s aren't on yet...and w/ stock suspension "Nose"/"Break Dive" is obvious...I really DONT want to lower the car but i want less body roll/alot less nose dive during braking. I'm thinking the bigger wheels will just add to this problem.

Is this kit what I need(?) or do I just need to get some stiffer springs for an '05 Denali? (great post btw)

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I'd recommend them for any height, made a huge difference on my truck and makes the truck much more predictable in corners. When I take a corner hard it just sticks and will walk the rear out just enough to have fun but won't snap out like it did with the stock sways. Aftermarket sways + good tires make these trucks infinitely more enjoyable to drive.

OP
OP
vjr021

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old thread I know, but I need advice....

22'"s aren't on yet...and w/ stock suspension "Nose"/"Break Dive" is obvious...I really DONT want to lower the car but i want less body roll/alot less nose dive during braking. I'm thinking the bigger wheels will just add to this problem.

Is this kit what I need(?) or do I just need to get some stiffer springs for an '05 Denali? (great post btw)

Sent you a PM with this in it:

Thanks for the kind words... I figured why not share, it's what these forums are supposed to be about!!!

As for your dilemma... most front drop kits for these trucks (eibach included) are simply re-indexing keys for the torsion bars. Since these do not change the "spring rate" on the OEM torsion bar, it does little to tighten up the ride. If you want a firmer front suspension, you have to find off-road torsion bars intended for lift applications, but with the re-indexed keys, you will get stiffer front suspension but with a lowering effect.

As for the rear, Belltech, Eibach, McG, all have different Spring rates... I hear Belltech is softest, and closest to OEM. I like the Eibach ride, but I am used to dropped cars, so that's my opinion...

As for Sway bars... These are designed for lateral (side to side) stability... The amount of help they will be with dive will be negligible... It really helped my rig with side to side sway... amazing difference...

NOW that being said... Lowering your rig in general, will drop the center of gravity, allowing the dive to be improved...

You (like all Denali owners) I assume have the OEM Air Ride shocks still on there... You can eliminate the shocks and swap to Bilsteins, that is supposed to firm up the ride quite a bit.

Best bet is to do the drop first... it will make the 22's look better anyway... and a 2/3 should be fine with no rubbing... (Assuming your backspacing and tire size are correct) You should run a 275/45-22 according to Tire Rack.com

Then you can do the sway bars, it will make a huge difference, move to more extreme measures one at a time.

Hope this helps..!

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed Eibach Rear Sway bar tonight on my 09 LT....I can not believe the difference this part makes...further more I can't believe GM didn't spec something like this from the start! Turns a very Stock sluggish ride into something more expected in terms of handling predictability...I highly recommend the upgrade, I'm actually rethinking what I thought I had to do to get this beast to turn now!

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed Eibach Rear Sway bar tonight on my 09 LT....I can not believe the difference this part makes...further more I can't believe GM didn't spec something like this from the start! Turns a very Stock sluggish ride into something more expected in terms of handling predictability...I highly recommend the upgrade, I'm actually rethinking what I thought I had to do to get this beast to turn now!
Interesting. Is your suspension otherwise stock? I've been contemplating this mod for awhile now... Where'd you get it? How much?

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
Interesting. Is your suspension otherwise stock? I've been contemplating this mod for awhile now... Where'd you get it? How much?

Don't hesitate just do it, I've been so happy with the end results. My big ***** turns like a 5 series bmw haahaha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011