Ebay Amps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bailey-Hoe!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it worth buying Amps from ebay sellers? I am looking at one that is significantly cheaper than crutchfield but still brand new. My only fear is making sure I get the right harnesses and such for wiring it. Or, are those somewhat universal as well? I would need the wiring kit and LOC.

PErhaps get the amp cheap off of ebay and then get wiring harness from Crutchfield?

your thoughts?

BB

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've sold a few amps on eBay. Is this for a new amp? Sometimes you have to be careful as some of the stuff on ebay is refurbished or blem.. Feedback score is a good sign too..

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Don't go with a wiring kit. Piece your own together and don't get cheap with quality. remember, your sound system will be as good as your weakest link. Some wiring kits use cheap conductors. I've seen high end components connected with cheap wire and they sound like shit and vice versa with so so equipment and quality wire and it sounds great..

OP
OP
Bailey-Hoe!

Bailey-Hoe!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would mind listing what components would be needed and good place to get them? I am going to be hooking up a

Infinity 1600A mono amp to 2 Alpine 10 2ohm subs. Will be connecting to my stock HU via LOC.

BB

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are some authorized retailers on ebay, so check out the ebay store and then go to manufacturer site to see if authorized. I bought my amp brand new on ebay from a R.F dealer. Dont go with the cheap flea market stuff for wiring. Knu Konceptz is pretty good and very affordable for power wire. I bought my speaker wire and RCA's from sonic electronix. They are monster cable.

As far as what you need, what do you have? You will need ( assuming you have the amp ), power and ground cable , RCA's, Speaker wire, terminals, fuse and fuse holder, remote turn on wire, Distribution block ( if running mulitple amps), zip ties, and am i missing anything else?

If you do decide to buy of ebay, just be careful.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've sold a few amps on eBay. Is this for a new amp? Sometimes you have to be careful as some of the stuff on ebay is refurbished or blem.. Feedback score is a good sign too..

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Don't go with a wiring kit. Piece your own together and don't get cheap with quality. remember, your sound system will be as good as your weakest link. Some wiring kits use cheap conductors. I've seen high end components connected with cheap wire and they sound like shit and vice versa with so so equipment and quality wire and it sounds great..

I bought my last two amps used, one on ECA and one from Ebay. My A/D/S P640.2 20th anniversay is quite wonderful, and I now wish I had bought the matching Sub amp. :)

STAY AWAY FROM JUSTONEMOREAMP ON EBAY.

He sells poorly refurbed amps (mismatched mosfets, etc) as BNIB. He buys amps under another name, then turns around and resells them as 'one owner' BNIB etc...

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sonic electronix is pretty solid. You dont have to purchase from ebay from sonic. You can go straight to there site and check out what they have.

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sonic Electronix is a great place to get your stuff. I've never had problems with them and the prices are impossible to beat.

Tahoeatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also be sure to check out dealercostcaraudio.com
damn near everything has a 3 year warranty through them which is a great thing ordering online.
never had an issue with them or sonicelectronixs

OP
OP
Bailey-Hoe!

Bailey-Hoe!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for all teh advice. WIll be calling and ordering all the stuff from either sonic or dealercost audio tomorrow. Anyone want to come to VT and help out with this install. THis is new territory for me. I'll trade brakes and an oil change for electrical anyday!

I am starting to hate the stock system. It truly sucks. Can't wait to fix that.

BB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe