East Bay Area mechanic shop recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in the eastbay, over in the concord area.

Can anyone recommend a shop that’s familiar with the 15+ vehicles?

I’m out of warranty and quite frankly, there is certain stuff I don’t want to deal with should it pop up. And I don’t want to deal with the dealer.

For instance, I want to do the new 8l90 atf fluid flush, to get rid of the shudder...and I don’t have a fluid pump and I fear what the dealer will charge me.

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know you said you didn't want to deal with dealerships but give Able Chevrolet in Rio Vista a try. The corvette community is big on taking their car there. the service manager and his wife both race a C6z and a ZR1

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to bump this again. I’m looking for a good repair shop. Specifically someone who can do transmissions.

My 37k 2015i Yukon xl with the 8l90 is getting some slip when starting off.
Dealerships refused to do the oil flushes over the years. Mechanic finally told me because they didn’t get enough book hours so they would all say they can’t replicate issues.

I’m too fat lazy and broken to drop the pan in my driveway to swap the filter and do a light refill… let alone do a TC replacement.

So I’m looking for a good place that can do it. Sonax has some parts that help with pressures and resolving the issue if you don’t want to tune the transmission. (I’m in cali so the tune is smog illegal)

Anyways, looking for a trans shop… easy Bay Area cal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts