E3 sparkplugs, anyone tried them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M123

M123

Viking
Reaction score
AC Delco Iridium

E3 are for snowblowers
Now you have posted two post, can't you tell instead what is wrong with the E3 plugs in your opinion and what experience you have with them?
Say something are junk and for use in snowblower aren't in any way handle out anything that can be at use, in my opinion you just trash talk something you don't like but have no experience with.
Please prove me wrong now and tell me what are bad about them, are they junk for real I am more than happy to hear what you have to say.

DirtDigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used them back when I had a K&N air filter and "upgraded" plug wires. For a lifted Yukon with 35's to beat a Dodge Charger handily, I'd say I had no problems with them. Could have been that I have 4.56 gears and they were a 4 banger lol.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't tried them; I tend to stay with the tried-and-true technology.

One thing that bothers me about the E3s is that the gap is not stated in the specs, and is not adjustable. Guess one would need to purchase one to see what the gap is.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the thing. Back in the golden days we could gap plugs for different applications, now, if you touch them, you risk breaking the electrode. That's all good but if you look at the vast array of applications, E3 only has so many plugs so how in the word can they be gapped appropriately? You're only going to get one spark from one electrode, so my way of thinking is to make that the best possible surface. The spark is limited to the coils and plug wires so all things being equal, use the best you can get and for me, its been the AC Delco plugs. The test the guy did here is all fine and good but its not real world, under load. There is a huge difference between spark plug performance at 11 to 1 and 10.4 to 1 compression like our trucks and a little low compression lawn mover. When I jump on the throttle, I do not want knock due to a weak plug. That's not to say that some might love these other plugs but they just never worked out for me.

Tim

OP
OP
M123

M123

Viking
Reaction score
Here's the thing. Back in the golden days we could gap plugs for different applications, now, if you touch them, you risk breaking the electrode. That's all good but if you look at the vast array of applications, E3 only has so many plugs so how in the word can they be gapped appropriately? You're only going to get one spark from one electrode, so my way of thinking is to make that the best possible surface. The spark is limited to the coils and plug wires so all things being equal, use the best you can get and for me, its been the AC Delco plugs. The test the guy did here is all fine and good but its not real world, under load. There is a huge difference between spark plug performance at 11 to 1 and 10.4 to 1 compression like our trucks and a little low compression lawn mover. When I jump on the throttle, I do not want knock due to a weak plug. That's not to say that some might love these other plugs but they just never worked out for me.

Tim
Thanks for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz