DVD player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clinton Ellyson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2005 Yukon Denali XL. The DVD player is junk and I just want to unhook the power from it. Is there a separate fuse just for it or am I going do I have to completely pull it out to access the power to it.

I have no plans to ever use it.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think there’s a fuse for just the DVD player but your owner’s manual should have a fuse diagram. Otherwise remove the screws holding it up and make sure they don’t continue on to something else like speakers before you cut but why not just leave it be?

OP
OP
Clinton Ellyson

Clinton Ellyson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think there’s a fuse for just the DVD player but your owner’s manual should have a fuse diagram. Otherwise remove the screws holding it up and make sure they don’t continue on to something else like speakers before you cut but why not just leave it be?

The dang thing acts like it's trying to eject a CD every time you turn the ignition switch on. It's just one of those little things that bugs me. I've messed with it some to see if it had a CD stuck, but it doesn't. I figured since I'll never use it anyway I'd just unhook it.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not difficult to drop the unit down from the ceiling. If it's the style with the player beside the screen like mine, it's just three 10mm bolts above the screen when you open it. Then IIRC there are a couple of clips still holding it, so just grab and pull down. You can then unplug the harness from the player and you'll have no power to it. It won't affect anything else, it just sends low level audio to the radio. Since the Class 2 data line will also be disconnected, the radio won't even think its there and it will skip it as an input source.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like your gps not your DVD player. Mine does the same thing. I can get in without turning the key and hear it sometimes. Mine is an 07 so I’m not 100% on the 05 but I’m pretty sure.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no plans to ever use it.

I have a 2005 XL SLT. The only glitch with the Yukon is the awful condition headphones for the DVD player. If you are dumping the player, I would love to buy the head phones, & remote!!

My Yukon was immaculate when I bought it last year, but I don't know how the stuff got so killed.

OP
OP
Clinton Ellyson

Clinton Ellyson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 XL SLT. The only glitch with the Yukon is the awful condition headphones for the DVD player. If you are dumping the player, I would love to buy the head phones, & remote!!

My Yukon was immaculate when I bought it last year, but I don't know how the stuff got so killed.

Sorry, no remote and my headphones look like crap as well.