Duramax on hold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kardar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had placed an order for Tahoe LT Diesel in Jan. I was just informed by the Dealer that GM has put Diesel (Duramax) on hold (constrain).

Anybody else heard the same? or is it even true ?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s on constraint for the SUVs, but the theory is they are diverting as many as they can to the pickups for Truck Month.

The LM2 Duramax represents ~30% of GM pickup sales.

Yarosuav

Reaction score
I placed an order in January for a Yukon Denali with Duramax, it’s currently at 3400 with TPW 3/7 (this week). So while the SUV diesel production is constrained in terms of number of units they make, it’s not on hold completely.

SC2CO_TAHOE

Reaction score
In a similar situation. Order placed end of January; accepted by GM in February and currently have a TPW of 3/21. Tahoe LT with DMax. Fingers crossed it goes into production as scheduled. Try contacting Chevy for a status update on your order. Good luck.

SC2CO_TAHOE

Reaction score
TPW = Target Production Week. The week that GM plans to build the vehicle. These things can change so best to check in with Chevrolet support or your dealer for updates.

YYCYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My recent experience was much quicker than expected. I might have just been lucky. I put an order in for a diesel Yukon Denali mid-January, it was built at the end of February and I’m hoping to take delivery at the end of this month or early April.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk