Duramax on hold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yarosuav

Reaction score
My Yukon Denali Duramax timeline (fully loaded except for RSE):
- Ordered 1/20
- Nor sure when it was accepted
- TPW 3/7
- Shipped 3/11
- Received by dealer 3/30
- Picked it up a few days ago

SC2CO_TAHOE

Reaction score
My Duramax had a TPW of 3/21/22 and has been in event code 3400 since then. Chevy chat still refers to the TPW of 3/21/22. Anybody else’s Tahoe Duramax getting stuck in the process? By the way, mine is an LT with premium package and 20 inch wheels. Nothing on constraint.

Unluckycharm

Reaction score
My Duramax had a TPW of 3/21/22 and has been in event code 3400 since then. Chevy chat still refers to the TPW of 3/21/22. Anybody else’s Tahoe Duramax getting stuck in the process? By the way, mine is an LT with premium package and 20 inch wheels. Nothing on constraint.
Same situation. 3/21 TPW. Ordered an rst, diesel, and luxury package. Good news is that Chevy chat says it was built as of 4/06. I suspect that we’re was either a part or paint supply issue that was holding mine back, but since your DMax had the same TPW I would have to assume it was diesel (part) related. See if your has been built now.

SC2CO_TAHOE

Reaction score
Quick update - Checked in with Chevy chat this morning: "Congratulations! Your vehicle has been produced.". Now starts the countdown to delivery in South Carolina!

Unluckycharm

Reaction score
Quick update - Checked in with Chevy chat this morning: "Congratulations! Your vehicle has been produced.". Now starts the countdown to delivery in South Carolina!
Congrats man! Look like mine will have a 5/01 delivery date to sw Ohio. Sales person just gave me an update without me asking, so kudos to him. Hopefully yours get to SC around the same time.

kernss

Reaction score
Congrats man! Look like mine will have a 5/01 delivery date to sw Ohio. Sales person just gave me an update without me asking, so kudos to him. Hopefully yours get to SC around the same time.
Congratulations Unlucky! I’m in central Ohio and ordered a RST diesel with luxury package, sunr and max tow On lucky St. Patty’s day 03-17-22 but my order still has been accepted due to constraints. What was your order date?

Unluckycharm

Reaction score
Congratulations Unlucky! I’m in central Ohio and ordered a RST diesel with luxury package, sunr and max tow On lucky St. Patty’s day 03-17-22 but my order still has been accepted due to constraints. What was your order date?
So I placed my order 2/03. Got a call from my sales guy 2/10 and said that they could submit it that day if I removed the max tow package. I told him to move forward, and on 2/11 my order was accepted with a TPW of 3/21. The actual build didn’t happen until 4/06 with an estimate delivery date of 5/01 to the dealer.

Constraints are what they are right now. I don’t see the problem getting any better this year and maybe not until early 2024. So if I have to add an aftermarket trailer brake control to my rig so be it, but I didn’t want that to be the reason why my order didn’t go through. I think it is completely reasonable for GM to drop the diesel option in the future so I didn’t want to miss my opportunity.

I suspect that the max tow is holding up your order as long as your dealers has the allocation to place the order with GM- but your dealer should be able to provide you with those details, might need to push them. First question should be how many people are on the list before you. This should give you an idea of what the problem is- constraints or allocation.

kernss

Reaction score
So I placed my order 2/03. Got a call from my sales guy 2/10 and said that they could submit it that day if I removed the max tow package. I told him to move forward, and on 2/11 my order was accepted with a TPW of 3/21. The actual build didn’t happen until 4/06 with an estimate delivery date of 5/01 to the dealer.

Constraints are what they are right now. I don’t see the problem getting any better this year and maybe not until early 2024. So if I have to add an aftermarket trailer brake control to my rig so be it, but I didn’t want that to be the reason why my order didn’t go through. I think it is completely reasonable for GM to drop the diesel option in the future so I didn’t want to miss my opportunity.

I suspect that the max tow is holding up your order as long as your dealers has the allocation to place the order with GM- but your dealer should be able to provide you with those details, might need to push them. First question should be how many people are on the list before you. This should give you an idea of what the problem is- constraints or allocation.
Thanks for the update. I am at the top of the list and they have allocations available. He is telling me the max tow has been on constraints for some time and thinks that will be the hold up. I may have to reconsider deleting that but I really wanted the two speed transfer case for pulling the boat out of the long steep ramps in Kentucky.

JEHB40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tried to order yukon slt diesel in early March. Was told by dealership that GM is no longer taking Diesel orders till July 2022. Was able to find an SLT Diesel because customer backed out when it was delivered. Got it, day 3 broke down, and in shop. I'll save that for another thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645