Dumb exhaust cutout question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
Ok so this may be dumb but i cant find any solid answers. Im doing cutouts on my Dad mobile and i want cutouts for those cool dad points. Just cant decide if dual or single. If i go dual im going to do it right after the header before the y pipe if i go single i will do 1 after the y pipe. My question is, are the sounds different? I have a cam and open headers right now and i love the chop it has. I do not wana lose it. So my guess is, if i keep duals it will sound like it does now but what if i do single? Will it change the sound? The only thing pushing me away from duals is the price...ouch 400 green ones for just a sound preference is kinda dumb so thats why i would go single but i wana keep the chop the exact same. The dad truck needs help. I can upload a video if you wana hear it.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I’ve seen it done it was dual but most of those had dual all the way back except for the X pipe and they did it in front of it.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll still get plenty of "chop" with just one

OP
OP
L

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
When I’ve seen it done it was dual but most of those had dual all the way back except for the X pipe and they did it in front of it.
I wanted to merge at the y pipe and have it routed the same way stock is routed. I dont like duals on suvs but thats just my taste. I just dont want to "muffle" the chop out of the cutouts

OP
OP
L

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
You'll still get plenty of "chop" with just one
Reason im asking is because ive read a bit about true dual exhaust and all that jazz and that it changes the sound because the exhaust pulses merge and bounce off eachother and i figured the same concept would apply to the cutouts. 2 vs 1 and all that. I have a stage 2 truck cam and the reason i got it was because of low end torque and the notorious "choppy cam" sound so having the cutouts work against that bugs me lol idk im just being picky i guess lol

OP
OP
L

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
I have a single cutout after the Y merge on my silverado. It still had plenty of chop!
Yeah im leaning towards doing the same i just gata figure out what size to go with. I have headers with 3 in collectors y pipe is gana be 3in and 3.5 or 4 out and finding a cutout for after the y pipe that size is gana be hard maybe

Reaction score
What's the benefit of an exhaust cut-out, besides being loud?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts