Dual battery setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
sort of. you do have to remove the rear brace and the mount needs to be moved forward a bit for that. your belt will also become instantly shorter suddenly as well. you can get a longer one but keep this in mine, when i throttle hard and shift 1-2 the mass of the alt will chirp the belt a bit. if i went back to a proper sized belt it would probably be worse. time will tell how it holds up.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a dual optima yellow top set up, direct connection with 0awg, have a 200 amp alternator, been in for a month now, no problems whatsoever. Took about an hour to set up, I have no reason to isolate.

Some pictures

Wow nice clean engine bay :thumbup:

---------- Post added at 06:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

I remember that some old GMC trucks dual battery ready from the factory we should look for that (OEM Syle)

Quintin Colin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2001 Chevy Tahoe dropped with an LQ4 and a 4l80 I am looking for a good dual battery kit. Does anybody know any good kits?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts